Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

No a large majority of rice burners do this

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Queensland
Posted

I just reading some stuff on the the Kenne Bell - Boost-A-Pump.

Kenne%20Bell%20-%20Boost-A-Pump_zpsracvy

See Kenne Bell Fuel & HP Estimator for HP and injector size. *The Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP® works with all the above listed OEM pumps and wiring. No expensive billet hats, re-wiring or plumbing is necessary. Pumps shown with N/Aare “Not Applicable.”

WARNING (Amperage) The Walbro and Aeromotive pumps used in either single or dual applications obviously produce more flow than stock pumps - BUT AMPERAGE IS MUCH HIGHER. Example: Up to 73% 14.2-17.2 vs 9.9 amps (Walbro Gss340). Therefore, the stock wiring system is incapable of handling the increased loads and must be upgraded or replaced. This higher amperage also negates using the BOOST-A-PUMP™ and it’s 17.5-20V advantage. The BOOST-A-PUMP™ is not designed to operate these high amp pumps. Check out the flow numbers and cost of the 2 approaches. See Kenne Bell “Fuel & Horsepower Estimator” to determine HP.

I guess that the Kenne bell is now out of the picture.....

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Thats on the output side but what about the input side. That is where the current draw is the issue.

Mount the unit in a location that allows you to run large cable directly from the battery.

Honestly though from what you have explained on the hpt forum I reckon you have a suspect unit.

  • in the mid....not the bum like some
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

What do you suggest?

Speaking to Julian at Aftermarket Industries to get a run down of what's required to sustain your power you want and reliably.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Queensland
Posted

Speaking to Julian at Aftermarket Industries to get a run down of what's required to sustain your power you want and reliably.

I assume that this would include a fuel cell?

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Mount the unit in a location that allows you to run large cable directly from the battery.

Honestly though from what you have explained on the hpt forum I reckon you have a suspect unit.

I have the battery right next to it in the boot and big cable. Running an 044 main and a 5 amp intank pump at 18v is pushing the MSD unit at its limit. That is why if HiPSI is going to run two pumps he needs to make sure the voltage booster unit he chooses is up to it. Two 460s is a large current load.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Liverpool
Posted

Hmm interesting Hi PSI, I'm sorry I haven't ready your whole build thread, but are you running the std fuel lines? Rail and regulator? I believe fuel volume will play a part aswell, just because it has the correct pressure doesn't mean that it has sufficient volume supplied

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Honestly I would run pumps at nominal charge voltage ( 14.7 ) and use a setup that would include a second or third pump to be "triggered" to come on to suit the application

Lukes fuel lab approach is by far one of the best as its fully variable and its a product made specific for the product

All you have to do is buy a VSD and some pumps .... Easy right lol

  • in the mid....not the bum like some
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

http://www.aftermarketindustries.com.au/surge-tank-kits--accessories-c1/surge-tank-sp1200-p192/

Im running one of these and has 3 E85 460 Walbro pumps...the third is staged with boost.

Julian can even calculate how much the surge tank will remain full over a 9 second run or similar.

I just don't think you should be the guinea pig with such a setup not to mention all the effort gone into this build.

You deserve piece of mind I recon.

Edited by Skids4kids
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Queensland
Posted

Hmm interesting Hi PSI, I'm sorry I haven't ready your whole build thread, but are you running the std fuel lines? Rail and regulator? I believe fuel volume will play a part aswell, just because it has the correct pressure doesn't mean that it has sufficient volume supplied

I am running:

  1. 10an teflon feed and return lines.
  2. Aeroflow AF66-2043S fuel filter with a 10 micron stainless element.
  3. Fuellab 56501 regulator (-10 in and out).
  4. Plazmaman Racee series plenum and fuel rail. With 10an inputs and outputs.
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...