Window Washer - Fault

karlp2

• Member For: 10y 8m 7d

Hi,

Hoping someone can help with this one... the window washer has stopped working in my FG falcon. The wipers still work, I can't seem to hear the washer motor at all. I've checked the fuse and that is fine - didn't really think it was that as the wipers are on the same fuse and they go. Plenty of water in the resoir.

Any ideas of what to check next? Or is this one for the auto electrician to sort? Cheers for your help.

Edited by karlp2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 15d

Gday mate it will be the rubber filter on the pump in the bottle, you have to remove the inner guard liner to access. Pull pump out of the bottom of the bottle you will see the filter, remove and clean.

• Member For: 10y 8m 7d

Gday mate it will be the rubber filter on the pump in the bottle, you have to remove the inner guard liner to access. Pull pump out of the bottom of the bottle you will see the filter, remove and clean.

Thanks for that, will give that a try. Cheers.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 30d

If you cant hear the pump noise as you press trigger...it will prob be dead pump

How many kms?

I just got mine changed as it fuked up at 112,500kms

Theres a thread on the other forum about cleaning the filter (as mentioned above remove front passenger side wheel arch lining...access pump and remove/clean).

If still doesn't work then probably the pump!

Edited by PTR_NITRO_FG
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 6d

Yeah if there's no noise then most likely dead pump.

Just get a genuine one, and it's an easy fix pulling out the the old one and replacing it.

Just remove some of the plastic screws in the the inner passenger side wheel arch and its right there.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 21d

If you can hear the pump then open the bonnet and remove the line at the T piece and blow through the fcker with your mouth to unblock the sh*t in the line.

• Member For: 11y 1m 29d

^doesn't work if the filters blocked up with algae like mine was. I could blow down the tube and hear the tank bubbling but still the pump was too weak to suck water through. Had to fully disassemble and clean/ bleach tank and filter

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 17d

Sounds like my washer bottle problem but I decided not to 'blow' anything and instead bought a new pump $15...cheap just then. Ill install it tomorrow

Edited by BenDoCo