Turbosmart Actuators Are Rubbish ?

genuine  honest  person

• Member For: 17y 11m 1d

do not get sucked into a high powered car assuming they must know what they are doing, power is easy to get with the right combination, driveability, good manners and correct ecu control can be totally different and an area that it seems many fail in.

I have no idea about the shop in question or their abilities

• Like 3

• Member For: 10y 3m

I will see tomorrow how it goes (he may have it up and running ) thanks for the help

valve springs will be next . How much are they to get done ,by a reputable person in brisbane or sunshine coast . thanks again

Edited by gunna

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 3d

Yeah that sounds fair. XFT are $900 supply and fit in WA I think. Got a few things done at the same time.

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 3m

ok I have some better news today . The ute used to have 872 nm and now not completely tuned has 1344 nm that is 472 nm more .The only braw back is the valve springs are gone

soft ,so the power drops like a sinking boat at 5000 rpm and only produces 275 rwkw . Craig the owner was not there no more so was unable to talk to him ,but the guys said that he

will get it all sorted in the morning .So wish me luck that everything works out .looking at the graph the improvement in torque starts right down low ,so my 60" would have to be a lot

better now .They also said that the E Boost fixed the problem straightaway . Had a look at the injector duty cycle and they were up to 49% and they are Bosch 1000 ,so the 440 Bosch injectors may have been on there limit ?

ps ,if I would change the valve springs . I would have to take out the cam shafts and timing chain ? that may just be a bit advanced for my skills . this tuner wants over $900 to fit

them up . there is a engine rebuilder in our street (reagan engines ) I might ask him for a price . Or am I better of going to the professionals like profile ?

what are some good valve springs that will last and do there job well ? thanks . Today I feel relived that the money that I have handed over may have been worth

while . If I could only have $1000 dollars more I would just bite the bullet and get the valve springs done ,but I am maxed out and have nothing left .But if I change

at 5000 rpm it will be fine for now

Edited by gunna
  • Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 28d

Monkeys can do valve springs

Would of left the tuning to the professional

Just saying

I think u should have a suss at what torque "figures" on dyno read out means for real life torque figures