Turbosmart Actuators Are Rubbish ?

genuine  honest  person

• Member For: 10y 2m 26d

just got of the phone from my tuner ,and he said that my turbosmart actuator is no good .has anyone been in this situation . its only new but they say no mater they are no good at all to use .they believe the reason my ba runs only a 2.2 60"is that the wastgate opens up under low revs ,and high revs . they also said that they would take the car up to about 400 hp (currently 381 hp )

I have a 7 psi spring fitted ,and a sct .also have flapper mod and a 6 plus 6 turbo wheel on a standard ba turbo housing .RDP said to see if I have it in the right tune ,so I changed from 12 psi tune to 8 psi tune .the 8 psi tune sits on 18 psi all the way to redline 6000 rpm WTF (autometre gages )the tune is a lot smother than the 12 psi one .I am lost how a 7 psi spring can boost all the way to 18 psi ?. RDP was going to charge me to change actuator $450 and to retune $450 . total of $900 . what should I do as I have no idea .I do not want to keep throwing money away .how can a 280 rwkw and 878 nm car only run 13.35 down the strip ,with a 2.19 60" that has 3.9 diff gears and running semi slicks (had no wheel spin ) ps RDP only tuned it about a month ago but never said nothing about the actuator before ,only when I complained about the 13.35 time

Edited by gunna

• Member For: 18y 2m 10d

well. You could spend another 900 there

or

spend 900 at another tuner who will probably sort it all out. including a full retune from scratch.

I don't like to bad mouth tuners whom haven't done wrong by me however three of my mates have now decided to go elsewhere after being long term customers of RDP - of which all spent bulk cash along the way.

• Like 3

they were constant at 106.97 mph on all runs except one 106.69 mph . the actuators so RDP are sh*t do not use them .even after I phoned them today they believe that the actuator is stuffed . he also said that my boost gauge must be stuffed as well . as the 8 psi tune reads 18 psi WTF ,I have autometer cobalt electronic boost gauge . I personally starting to think that these are not broken at all ,it might just be that RDP are wrong .I am no mechanic so I have no answers why all this is happening to me .all I know is I have no money to fix this at the moment .$900 is a lot at the moment to me .