Cat What's The Point ?

FPVF6355

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Don't listen to the h8rs bro emmissionz iz just bullsh*t and dw bout te retune just wastn your hard earned.

Flog that donkey.

• Like 4

• Member For: 13y 2m 10d

not sure if srs or troll.

Cat is there to convert carbon monoxide to water and carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide is the reason why exhaust gas is no good for people, however the trees love it and turn it back into oxygen. Trees can't do sh*t with carbon monoxide which is what is coming out of your exhaust with no cat. As stated 25% less fuel does not mean 25% less emissions.

stupid logic is stupid

A blocked cat full of oxides, won't convert anything, oxide built up reduces the cats original purpose, and increase burnt fuel usage. The wrong cat vs tune is stupid.

Ratter is right a proper tune and correct cat to suit the tune.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 7d

I am not saying your blocked cat is still functioning correctly. I am replying to the title of the thread. You asked what is the point of the cat.

A failed cat is the same defect as no cat or a punched cat. Just not sure if the large fine still applies. The epa wont be any happier with your failed cat.

Edited by Paulie2256
  • Like 1

• Member For: 13y 2m 10d

Anyway, now I know any exhaust restrictions reduce performance a hell of alot, I'm thinking 4" dump, and free er exhaust, with easily servicable cat (flanged), but I don't want it to drone. Any suggestions of best system ? steel system not SS.