Cat What's The Point ?

FPVF6355

• Member For: 13y 3m 6d

I am not saying your blocked cat is still functioning correctly. I am replying to the title of the thread. You asked what is the point of the cat.

A failed cat is the same defect as no cat or a punched cat. Just not sure if the large fine still applies. The epa wont be any happier with your failed cat.

I'm just venting I suppose, I did say I punched it to check the cat was the problem before getting it fixed. I'm more pissed at the tuner who I won't mention, but will never go back, this is not the first issue I have had as a result of the tune, first one was a plastic washer from under the rocker cover bolts, that found it's way into the timing chain.

• Member For: 17y 10m 29d

I'm just venting I suppose, I did say I punched it to check the cat was the problem before getting it fixed. I'm more pissed at the tuner who I won't mention, but will never go back, this is not the first issue I have had as a result of the tune, first one was a plastic washer from under the rocker cover bolts, that found it's way into the timing chain.

It is not uncommon to have the timing chain tensioner guide break some plastic off and end up in the chain and gears

If you chose to use no cat, I hope you don't have a mrs, kids or anyone you love onboard. Slowly killing them. Just use a cat. Big high flow versions avaliable and twin cat setups that will support the power your after. These are nice cars. Don't ruin them with dirty a$$ mods like deleting a cat.

I will get a new cat, but doen right this time. as before " I did say I punched it to check the cat was the problem before getting it fixed"

Once I get a new or properly modded exhaust system and correct matched tune, I then want to go the intake side.

I've seen 400rwkw on youtube, that's the kind of power I want eventually, just on 290 now, but it still has that slow rev feeling.

I did notice the boost dropped after punching it (on the ford gauge) and it now starts easily, too rich fault code disappeared, idles smoother, more responsive throttle etc etc.

After seeing the massive power difference a slight restriction makes, it's not hard to see how much power is possibly on tap

Edited by RHR
QUOTE REMOVED

• Member For: 12y 7m

Fu(king up the environment and poisoning people as you drive around for the sake of a few kW is a bit selfish if you ask me..

Do the right thing, just buy a new cat FFS

Edit: Oh, he said he'd install one.

Meow

Edited by Boogtonic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 21d

Owning a tuned car is doing the same to the enviroment as is every pre 90's PoS car without a cat FFS...

Think before replying please!

• Like 2