Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 25/09/12 11:28 AM Posted 25/09/12 11:28 AM My mate got into engineering after doing his fitter & machinist apprenticeship, which is what I'm hoping to do too
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 25/09/12 12:07 PM Posted 25/09/12 12:07 PM What sort of qual's did you do for your job SDP? If I remember right you haven't always been an engineer so did you go back to Uni? Engineering's always interested me, I just never got on well with the maths teacher, haha (I was still reasonably good though).I had the same problem in maths and physics in high school mate..I started out of school enrolled in engineering. Didn't even turn up to orientation week..Went and spent 6 years as a baker/pastry cook.Figured out 2 years into that A) I'd never get a girlfriend on that wage or living those hours and B) I didn't wanna do it forever.Started studying my Bachelor of engineering (Civil). 4 years later half way through I joined the government as a road designer/project manager.2 years later I finished my study and was able to use career episode reports from my time in project management to fast track my accreditation (combined with an ability to bullsh*t my way through any interview).. Thanks to a few fellas who took me under their wings I was accredited in both structural and civil (technically the same thing as far as the uni degree goes.. Not so much once insurance becomes an issue)Never stopped studying.. Even though the workload is crazy.. Done a masters.. Submitted a proposal for a doctorate which was accepted.. However I don't think I'll ever get enough time to write it..The joys of rarely sleeping more then 4-5 hours a night eh?
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 25/09/12 12:09 PM Posted 25/09/12 12:09 PM Double posting to avoid ridicilius tapatalk editing..Ciaran you'll get into mechanical engineering after that. It's got some pretty extreme maths in it.. Be ready for an entrance exam though. (similar to an IQ quiz). They tend to jump those on people coming from trades without prior tertiary study.. 1
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 25/09/12 12:11 PM Posted 25/09/12 12:11 PM Hi Dr SDP
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 23d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 25/09/12 05:50 PM Posted 25/09/12 05:50 PM say's Dr Karl to everyone. 1
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 25/09/12 08:29 PM Posted 25/09/12 08:29 PM Hi Dr Dags
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 25/09/12 08:31 PM Posted 25/09/12 08:31 PM Clutch run in. Paulie swap cars for a week?
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 25/09/12 08:33 PM Posted 25/09/12 08:33 PM But how will I know where your pen*s has been? 1
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 25/09/12 08:36 PM Posted 25/09/12 08:36 PM Cause he always takes pictures? 1
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 25/09/12 08:47 PM Posted 25/09/12 08:47 PM
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now