What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5d
Heh and there I was cracking jokes to the missus about buying a set of cams and now it looks like I will be.
Haha I love those moments. "Now I HAVE to upgrade!"

• Member For: 14y 6m 12d

I got my car serviced two weeks ago and they looked at the CAMS then to see if they could find out why the car idles rough.

There's pitting on the exhaust CAM, I was quoted roughly $600 each for stock FG CAMS, the timing is fine, no skipped teeth.

I've got a weekend of overtime coming up next weekend, so I was going to put the cash towards fixing the seal at the front that just started to leak - I believe it's that PITA at the front that's a sod to get to - and a new set of coils - I had the plugs changed when they were looking at the CAMS etc.

Are there better CAMS to go for that last longer?

The car has just hit 111,000 over the weekend and is still going fine, except for the annoying idle - which someone mentioned might be a misfire - which can get bad enough to shake the car sometimes.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 21d

Are early wearing ford cams actually a thing?

Was thinking of getting valve springs & oil pump gears done soon with no plans to ever have to engine opened back up again, so if I'm dropping some lumpier cams in its now or never. 102km

Will the replacement performance cams wear just as quick as factory ones?

Probably stage3 Atomic or TBRE Ive been thinking. Lumpy sounding without having to remove VCT.

I remember seeing a comment ages ago from Arronm I think it was, about BF's being better than BA and FG's being "soft".

Iirc it was in response to a photo he posted of the lobes in his car having no wear at all.

Edited by Ezy2Confuze

Maybe have a read of this thread, as per usual with this bunch of weirdos it does derail into things like Ralph Wiggum liking turtles for a few pages, then goes back on topic :)

Edited by Ezy2Confuze