What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 22d

Yeh mate, I've got right into using the place for all my in between services. <br />Several times now I've been there for more then the time charged, so winning there.<br />The part I like is leaving all the mess for Syd to clean up. Lol<br />If you live anywhere near there check it out as Syd is just get by.

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 29d

Nah in Canberra, had a quick google and can't find anything like it around here, pretty handy there's a mechanic on hand too, would come in handy, bet would have saved a few mistakes lol

There used to be a workshop in Fyshwick that let you do exactly that, hire out tools and hoists etc, but they went under or wasnt worth it. Was affilliated with the "better trailers" mob.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 2m 4d

Had my first run in with heat soak last night.

After a couple of runs at Calder I was down about 3 mph from a consistent 107/108 down to 105.

Once the temp dropped a couple of degrees and I'd opened the bonnet between runs it was back up to the 107's. (nothing flash - totally stock car)

• Member For: 21y 30d

Regarding baby seat fitment. I bolt in an extra lap belt to secure the seat.(you need to take the seat out and bolt in the existing seatbelt bolt points) I also use the seat belt as per the installation instructions.

When I go overseas I take my aussie car seat and the lap belt and I use shackles to attach it to the ISO fix points.

The seat is mounted as solid or loose as I want it to be. Just installing it as per manufacturers method is very loose.

The only issue I sometimes wonder is that by mounting it a bit loosely may actually be better than mounting it more solidly in an accident as the give will reduce G forces.

I also use a foam rubber Yoga mat you buy at Kmart (the red and blue rolls) under the whole seat to protect the seat. Those Kmart yoga mats are brilliant as it stops it sliding around also.

Edited by turbotrana
  • Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 20d
There used to be a workshop in Fyshwick that let you do exactly that, hire out tools and hoists etc, but they went under or wasnt worth it. Was affilliated with the "better trailers" mob.
yeah prob not a good market for that in little ole Canberra really.