What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• 1 month later...
  • [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 29d

New false floor carpeted and in!
Also, battery relocated the boot and looking real nice! So happy with the job, spent a lot of time doing it right!

I know its common practice, but I never liked the idea of running the cable through the frame rail. imo cables should be inside the car not outside 😋

Put one of these bad boys in, located on the passenger side pretty much right where the floor starts forming into the trans tunnel. Ends up being pretty damn close to the starter motor. 

osa6J6a.png

0awg (0 B&S) run from the starter to the stud, then from the stud down the left side of the car, and followed the wiring loom that goes up towards the parcel shelf and into the boot. No cutting or anything required. Very simple job. Conduit was put around the wire where it goes through the sheet metal cut outs to prevent rubbing too. Maybe I'll post a guide or something showing how I did this, who knows lol. I followed this video mainly, awesome video to follow to get an idea of stud locations and what not. Just wish it was a tiny bit more detailed!

Anyway, results in the boot:
Really want to get another sub box that's way smaller. Like a single beefy 10. That's what I had planned, custom box designed and all. Just won't get round to it unfortunately! That sub box is extremely heavy!
bTXq3yY.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 4d

Thanks mate! I'll take a pic once I've installed it.

I figured on my setup I'm not really have any issues with the factory setup and didn't want to introduce any fitment problems with the coil cover. If I wanted to go with different lines for the breathers I think someone makes AN adaptors to push into the factory ports anyway.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 4d

Yeah will have a bit of a classic DJR look.

@biddie_fiddler haha the breather connection disintegrated on me today when I was removing it Ordered the Raceworks push ins and AN to 1/2 inch barb adaptors to suit the hose running to the catch can.

Anyone know the trick to refitting the VCT thingos? They are extremely hard to push through the seals - both the new ones and the one that are on there. Have sprayed a heap of WD but don't want to damage them...