Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 6m 16d
Posted

Hey guys just wanting to kno who can rig me up a screamer set up in Brisbane on the north side ... Was thinkin of getting a set up like the etm ones drill out a hole in the rear housing and weld on a wastegate with screamer ... Was thinking of getting the slim line turbo smart wastegate off eBay brand new for round 300 cheap as chips hahah then get my local exhaust mob to fabricate up a screamer pipe .. Anyone else done this before ?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted

Yeah and 3 days later I had the screamer plumber back into the exhaust....sounded terrible IMO. Some like it though.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

I run screamer pipes with their own muffler. I also point the tip directly into the ground.Noise is acceptable. However an unmuffled screamer is just too noisy

Edited by turbotrana
  • I Lead Not Follow...
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Westside,Melbourne
Posted

a bit off topic guys,but do the fg f6 run a external wastegate or not?

I only ask as,would you be able to run a screamer pipe with the standard turbs?

  • Menace
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 5m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

They run an internally gated turbo like the rest of'em.

You can get split dump pipes though.. Ive heard of some guys cutting them where they rejoin then plugging the other one.

  • I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 11m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Far north queensland
Posted

doubt it really worls though due to design of rear housing and dump pipe, doesn't seperate the gasses too well by the looks

  • Like 1
  • I Lead Not Follow...
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Westside,Melbourne
Posted

oh ok thakns..just heard people saying that they come externally gated..well there wrong! cheers

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Dont know any cars that run external gates from the factory?

  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

Split dumps cut into screamers = poo.

Screamers under 15/16psi = poo

Done properly (or even a gate welded on the housing) with decent boost going through them are plenty of fun, obviously just as illegal.

Beware the cheap ebay chinese turbosmart copies, they're poo too.

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 6m 16d
Posted

Ah too easy cheers Henz ... Yeh I run 15psi .. Pretty keen to see what it sounds like none the less

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...