Failure Of Inline Turbo Oil Filter (Earls)

arronm

• Member For: 13y 8m 8d

Correct, yet you still claim it is better, I assume the point of the thread was to help people make the correct decision about what they buy, I posted my findings which support what the OP has found, you come and post that yours is superior based on yours has not leaked, there are many Earls owners that could post the same things, possibly way more thay than MSCN hose owners

Ratter, unlike you, he doen't sell the brand you are protecting (promoting), I know who is being more objective here. Can you prove what he is saying is untrue. Now the shoes on the other foot hows the view?

• Member For: 17y 10m 1d

We will sell whatever product our customers want as we have proven in the past, we are not brand specific at all, I was possibly the first to post about this problem so if I was out and out defending them I would not have posted about them, We stock the later trouble free type as that is what customers want, if customers start to ask for MSCN or ETM or who ever else starts to copy them, then we will stock them if they prove to be reliable.

I have noticed that many members will post that what ever product they have on their car is the best, even if most know it may be inferior, I don't know whether they are trying to convince others or themselves

Your the analysts that loves to search for information and post it on all appropriate forums, so you could do the research and post your findings.

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

Look guys these oil lines arent worth creating negativity. Ratter and I had talked about the crimp failures and when I took mine off I thought I would post them up. There is nothing wrong with any of the braided lines fittings or filters. Its just than who ever made up the fittings has not got the crimp fitting correct. I just posted to make people aware that the crimp fitting may leak and not to buy this style and to buy the screw fitting style. Earls is a large company and has a good reputation and has been in the market for a long time. The people constructing the lines obviously has a quality issue which needs to be addressed.

While we are on the subject. If any of these lines are fitted and the fitting and line adjacent to the turbo does not have a heat protecting sleeve, the clear sleeve will melt and the Teflon may become soft and leak.

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d

The only way you can compare fairly on which is better is to find out how many of the various brands have been sold, and how many of each brand have been faulty. that's also assuming they were installed correctly.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 12d

Not having a crack at earls but if anyone had had a speedflow fittings oil line failed I havent read about it, or seen it I would think it would be good if anyone with a speedflow oil that is leaking or faulty to reply in this thread

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 7d

no leaks with my speedflow fittings been on the car about 20,000km still use earls inline filter and had no probs with that.. I made my own up as I did not like the earls lines with crimped fittings so made mine up pretty much same as my old ETM line I had..

IMG_2454.jpg

• Member For: 12y 11m 18d
Correct, yet you still claim it is better, I assume the point of the thread was to help people make the correct decision about what they buy, I posted my findings which support what the OP has found, you come and post that yours is superior based on yours has not leaked, there are many Earls owners that could post the same things, possibly way more thay than MSCN hose owners

It's better because it doesn't leak...