Failure Of Inline Turbo Oil Filter (Earls)

arronm

• Member For: 13y 6m 12d

I wish you guys had started this thread a few hours earlier, I'm waiting for my earls kit (from fittings2u) to turn up.

read the forum early saturday morning, so missed the start of this disscusion, didn't get back on till now, sunday arvo I made the purchase, with plans of a full service to the car later in the week.

not sure what to do now.

Edited by hotxr8

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m
no leaks with my speedflow fittings been on the car about 20,000km still use earls inline filter and had no probs with that.. I made my own up as I did not like the earls lines with crimped fittings so made mine up pretty much same as my old ETM line I had.. IMG_2454.jpg

Mate, I noticed you have turbo side intake and battery on passenger side. Did you to this yourself or buy a kit? cheers

• Member For: 13y 18d

So 1 model design of the earls lines leak, so all of them are to be considered no good?

Nope Just the one that has leaked due to cutting costs and not enough thorough testing, wont have that problem with mscn one though

• Member For: 13y 18d

You have a vested interest in MSCN?

If I use your logic, my earls line is better because it doesn't leak & was cheaper. Has crimped ends too.

Nope just an interest in people getting a good product. what's your interest, brown tounging ratter? lol

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 21d

I had to pull an Earls oil cooler off my mates R33 at powercruise on Friday, the brazing had let go and was pushing oil out when the pressure came up.

Stopped at MSCN to get a couple of speedflow fitting to by-pass it and they mentioned they had been to court over the Mocal parts (earls use Mocal from the UK)

Unfortunate how such a quality brand has started to go south!