Failure Of Inline Turbo Oil Filter (Earls)

arronm

• Throbbing Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 11d

ETM used to do a kit too, that's what mine is. All speedflow fittings with elbows and all. Starts in -8 I think and then after the filter drops down to -6 (sizes might be wrong could be 6 down to 4)

Had it for almost 2 years now never leaked and looks spot on

• Like 1

• Member For: 17y 10m 20d

to be clear, the earls product is not a bad thing, I think the distributo made an error in using the crimped style hose fittings and the clear coated hose, it does not appear to work well in this application.

Not all of them leak and never seen an issue with the original style fittings and hose

• Member For: 13y 6d

An error ? but the older style is dearer and must be specifically asked for ? sounds like corner / cost cutting to me buddy, why take the risk when the mscn with speedlow kit is made in house by someone who actually gives a sh*t what his customer is getting and doesn't fail ! give earls the flick I say, there should be no errors with kits like this and should be fully tried and tested before going onto peoples cars.

You are probably right about cost cutting, only the distributor can answer that, but besides the leak issue, do you have proof the mscn is better?

Do you work for them and have testing data?

Or are you just a user that has one and trying to let everyone else think what you have is better?

at the end of thew day, it's a couple of hoses, fittings and a filter

• Member For: 13y 6d

It doesn't matter what I think , people are spending money on garbage! as you stated it's a simple setup, a hose a filter and some connections and they can't even get that right due to cutting corners and costs. there is various threads about these dodgey kits and zero about the Speedflow ones and personally I can vouch for the customer service and they make it in front of you if you are in the area. They are not mass produced rubbish. Buy one and see for yourself.

It doesn't matter what I think ,

Correct, yet you still claim it is better, I assume the point of the thread was to help people make the correct decision about what they buy, I posted my findings which support what the OP has found, you come and post that yours is superior based on yours has not leaked, there are many Earls owners that could post the same things, possibly way more thay than MSCN hose owners