Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Randwick, sydney
Posted

hey I dont know much about what lights to get.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/H4-6000K-BI-XENON-HID-KIT-2008-2011-FORD-FG-FALCON-XR6-TURBO-G6E-UTE-FPV-F6-/270889740576?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f12496920

had a look at these they looked alright

full set of parkers head lights and fogs in 8000k for $160

might get the diamond white in 6000k for a better look I think

any help?

  • Spooling Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 9m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Blue Mountains, NSW
Posted

hey I dont know much about what lights to get.

http://www.ebay.com....=item3f12496920

had a look at these they looked alright

full set of parkers head lights and fogs in 8000k for $160

might get the diamond white in 6000k for a better look I think

any help?

Yeah mate I recommend getting the 6000k, 8000k is very blue and would attract a lot of unwanted attention.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CHCH NZ
Posted

I notice that on the opposite side to the battery there needs to be a negative wire ("black" wire) hooked up for my phillips HID's...just wondering where people connected that to?

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

That black wire I connected to the bolt that is holding down the radiator mount arm bit. You can use any chassis mount point nearby to your ballast mount point, but be sure to scrape away the paint a bit so that there is adequate electrical connection (this is quite necessary for HID's). If you have a weak earth point on either side of the car, the globe might not fire every time and you could be left with a single HID, which is admittedly still better than halogen, but is a pain in the butt.

  • Spooling Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 9m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Blue Mountains, NSW
Posted

I temporarily just hooked it onto the negative of the battery (mines relocated), just slipped it on with a separate nut ;)

I got impatient.

  • FREAKY
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

my hids are on order from my guy.

going for 5000K, and mrs is getting a set too.

and later on ill get a set for the foggies.

post pics up in a few weeks.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Randwick, sydney
Posted

how much are yours costing FF?

  • FREAKY
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

100 ish.

really good quality, got 3 sets of his atm, all have been going strong for 3-5+ years.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Randwick, sydney
Posted

wow so the full set im looking at for 160 might be rubbish you think?

they look the part anyways haha

not sold on the ice blue colour

my other car came stock with hid and I love them at night. not to mention the head lights move left and right for you as you turn a corner :)

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CHCH NZ
Posted

installed mine...peice of cake to install....however I left it too late to adjust....bit of a fun ride home lol just gotta figure out how to adjust them now

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...