Goliath Member 383 Member For: 16y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/05/12 11:28 AM Posted 20/05/12 11:28 AM Mine are angled pretty far down atm, but stll manage to light up street signs etc haha. Hoping to do a projector conversion down the track. Hopefully it will be the same type of globe.
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/05/12 12:07 PM Posted 20/05/12 12:07 PM you mean the street signs are lighting up, you do know they are reflective yer?is that what your reffering too?
Goliath Member 383 Member For: 16y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/05/12 01:48 PM Posted 20/05/12 01:48 PM Yes I know they are reflective. I'm more so referring to like the highway signs which are mounted significantly higher. Even when driving with my mates who also have HID's mine clearly lighten them up almost as they are directly pointed at them due to the refraction. Tempted to go back to globes simply so the light is dispersed more evenly/smoothly.
1600dave Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 15y 8m 21d Posted 21/05/12 12:06 AM Posted 21/05/12 12:06 AM I ended up getting narva plus 100 globes which are 100% legal and made a huge difference, did the hi/low & hi beams, and was cheaper than HID's.Didn't bother with foggies.These globes are a more yellow stock appearance, but do have a blue band around the bulb tip, which makes things close/next to the car light up blue.
dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/05/12 12:17 AM Posted 21/05/12 12:17 AM I remember driving on the freeway in my Mazda 3, ( factory HID) and it would light up all of the freeway signs more than any other car. I wouldn't worry about it. My FG did it too but no where near as much as the dispersed light is so weak.
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 21/05/12 01:05 AM Posted 21/05/12 01:05 AM Mine lights up all the signs too, but a mate who's a cyclist says his LED (its friggin bright) torch thing on the front of his bike does the same, I think its more to do which how white the light is.
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m 3d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 21/05/12 01:26 AM Posted 21/05/12 01:26 AM Yeh mine lights up the same as been mentioned. But as mine have not been angled down they light up the signs a fair way away lol
Goliath Member 383 Member For: 16y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/05/12 03:40 AM Posted 21/05/12 03:40 AM Hmm, I guess I'll try not to worry about the signs lighting up then haha. Would still prefer something with a smoother light dispersion, don't want to resort to eyelids!
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/05/12 10:12 AM Posted 21/05/12 10:12 AM yer goliath I think your more seeing just the reflection from the signs as the hids are more blue, and reflect more because they a brighter. standard yellow globes are very weak.just drive up to a wall, you will see your light pattern as you get closer, it will project on the wall the level your lights are pointing!
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 21/05/12 11:11 AM Posted 21/05/12 11:11 AM Anyone tried to fit HID's to the FG MKII? I'm keen to fit some to mine.Benny.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now