Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Radelaide.. Real
Posted

haha Hopefully :D I'm thinking I need to do an E85 tune.. hmm thoughts Jet?

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 2m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide S.A
Posted

Got bored and rang up a few reputable shops about removing the bov and how it affects a tune. Heinrich, Willal and southern hi tech said it has no effect.... The guy at kpm said it is detrimental and could be very bad. Food for thought lol

  • Like 1
  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

dude what did I say yesti ?

dave ( KPM ) is a great business man lol

HAPPY WITH THE ANSWER NOW ? hahahahaha

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 2m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide S.A
Posted

Lmao jets. Check your inbox I sent u a few things!

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

yeh all good

  • Skids?
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 4m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

KPM just want you to buy there $1288 streetfighter BOV lol

  • Like 3
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Hi All

Just wanted to introduce my self after years of living in the shadows. I've got a BA MK XR6T that I've had for over 5 years. Was bog stock (apart from a air intake) up until last week.

Recent service report was bad, turbo and trans were sick (cars only done 72k km!). Had the trans rebuilt just before xmas, and last week it went to Bruce at lonsdale, thanks for the advice J@SNOT in another thread. Ended up rebuilding the turbo, drilled+slotted rotors + pads, and a tune. Got 256rwkw, up from 198, the 3rd lowest he'd ever seen! I also finally removed the dust covers from the wheels, after bruce mentioned they just pull off, wish I knew years ago, I always hated the things.

Despite wanting to keep the loan car (whos had the 'pleasure' of having it for a few days?), pretty happy with what I've got, probably should have done it years ago!! Wonder how long till stage 2 :bliss:

At the moment I dont know what I dont know (aka dust covers!), keen to learn..... without having to read 222 pages of history, are there any cruises / meet ups that go on? I'd like to meet up with other owners...

  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

just keep an eye on this page mate, they come up from time to time, but not too often

not a bad idea to even try to organise one on here to get the ball rolling....

256 is a pretty quick car. but soon it wont be enough... I went 250- 280- 300- 320- 345- 365 (e85 tune) in a couple of years....

that'll prol do me now- till I blow the engine up...

remember though that any more than you already have, and the auto trans will prol go bang... unless its a 5 speed manual in which it will real soon... unless its a 6 speed manual in which your fine.

anywho.. welcome aboard...

  • Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Radelaide.. Real
Posted

Judging by bad trans, I'd say 5 speed manual or 4 speed auto. Also depends how well you had it rebuilt.. e.g beefed up, It's a guessing game!

But Have fun :) they are wicked cars to mess around with when tuning and spending cash haha

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mt Gambier, SA
Posted

I hope you are not getting excited about Bruces Lancer/Galant, or has he something better now??

  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...