MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 29/09/11 01:30 AM Posted 29/09/11 01:30 AM Ok so just picked up some 17" ceptors/steel wheels..Feel like a bit of a change and I like the look of the T in the other thread with these wheels..Now, I currently have 19's and I don't want my ride height to change. The tyres on them are 245/35's. What I want to know is what profile in a 17" tyre would best match it? Also whats the widest you could fit on a 17" rim?Also, anyone know a good place to get them painted? They are black, but I want them silver? Prob just need the face of them painted, maybe could do it myself, but they might need sandblasting to get the black off?The wreckers I bought them off didn't have centre caps and said they never came out with them, but I've seen them.. Where do I get them?Cheers Mike.
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/09/11 01:35 AM Posted 29/09/11 01:35 AM Should see if that other guy wants to swap, black would look heaps good on his white ute.Just an Idea.
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 29/09/11 01:39 AM Author Posted 29/09/11 01:39 AM Good idea Dillz...
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 29/09/11 03:39 AM Posted 29/09/11 03:39 AM Powdercoating would last the longest wouldnt it? I use Pro-Cote in Tyabb, they can sandblast as well.I think powdercoating would be $150-$200. Painting would be more than that if they have to strip the paint, unless you just give it a few coats from a can.
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 29/09/11 04:02 AM Author Posted 29/09/11 04:02 AM Yea unless that other guy wants to swap I think I'm just gonna buy a few cans and give em a spray, just to keep the costs down.. So, clean em, sand em and paint em?Found the centre caps on ebay.. $120 from the wheel king and can pick them up.. Decent amount of coin for 4 plastic caps, but can't find them anywhere else...
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 29/09/11 04:39 AM Posted 29/09/11 04:39 AM Ok so just picked up some 17" ceptors/steel wheels..Feel like a bit of a change and I like the look of the T in the other thread with these wheels..Now, I currently have 19's and I don't want my ride height to change. The tyres on them are 245/35's. What I want to know is what profile in a 17" tyre would best match it? Also whats the widest you could fit on a 17" rim?Also, anyone know a good place to get them painted? They are black, but I want them silver? Prob just need the face of them painted, maybe could do it myself, but they might need sandblasting to get the black off?The wreckers I bought them off didn't have centre caps and said they never came out with them, but I've seen them.. Where do I get them?Cheers Mike.245/45/17 if its an 8 inch rim
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 29/09/11 04:54 AM Posted 29/09/11 04:54 AM 245/45/17 fit on a 7.5" rim too, They are the closest size in a 17" for that size rim and load ratingDiameter Difference: 0.28%
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 29/09/11 04:55 AM Author Posted 29/09/11 04:55 AM They are 17x7.5... 245 I was hoping for.. so would a 45 profile keep the diameter the same as the current 19's
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 29/09/11 05:07 AM Posted 29/09/11 05:07 AM yep,looks like I posted the answer about 10 seconds before you asked the question, how's that for service
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 29/09/11 05:18 AM Author Posted 29/09/11 05:18 AM Lol.. What are this weeks lotto numbers?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now