WYNDUP Member 21 Member For: 17y 4m 13d Posted 26/05/11 09:33 AM Posted 26/05/11 09:33 AM hey there, just wondering what rwkw a monza cooler give on a stock xr6t 1
Brods Member 433 Member For: 16y 2m 1d Gender: Male Posted 26/05/11 11:28 AM Posted 26/05/11 11:28 AM Need a tune, cooler alone will do eff all. Will have a little more conistancy than the stock one though.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 26/05/11 12:31 PM Posted 26/05/11 12:31 PM Monza coolers are crap!They flow more than stock, but don't cool for sh*t!Save your money for something better.I wouldn't be bolting a different cooler (or pretty much anything else) up to a car with a factory tune.
jimz90 Member 14 Member For: 15y 3m 1d Gender: Male Location: Gosford NSW Posted 03/07/11 05:32 AM Posted 03/07/11 05:32 AM I made 270rwkw at 10psi with a monza cooler....they are ok...and they hang under the bumper which is annoying if your car is lowered...I replaced it with a hdi cooler when I got a re tube for the over 300rwkw club.
dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/07/11 12:48 PM Posted 15/07/11 12:48 PM Without a tune I don't believe you would see any benefit at all. Anything that changes the way the engine behaves will require a retune. A tune alone would be money better spent.
nathen ride the lightning Legacy Donating Member 338 Member For: 19y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 16/07/11 03:49 AM Posted 16/07/11 03:49 AM made 300kw with my one.have 1 for sale if interested $170
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 7d Gender: Male Posted 16/07/11 05:29 AM Posted 16/07/11 05:29 AM made 314 with my one.
TonezXR6T Italian Stig!! Legacy Donating Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 2d Gender: Male Posted 16/07/11 08:26 AM Posted 16/07/11 08:26 AM Made 304kw with mine
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 16/07/11 09:33 AM Posted 16/07/11 09:33 AM I've made 303 with a factory cooler, standard exhaust and 95 octane..............would I recommend it..............no way.Monza's flow enough air to get power, but the job of the cooler is to cool the air and they do not do that very well
Garrettba03 Member 78 Member For: 15y 3m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney West Posted 19/07/11 02:02 PM Posted 19/07/11 02:02 PM (edited) Without a tune I don't believe you would see any benefit at all. Anything that changes the way the engine behaves will require a retune. A tune alone would be money better spent.Might see more consistent power especially in the heat if the ecu's pulling timing out cause of heat.Standard xr6 cooler, winter nights and 8.5psi 225kw@wheels and 5 good hits is all I needed to feel a bit of a torque drop on stock cooler-and its noticable. I was suprised I thought winter would be all good with even that power...guess not. Dont know how much better the monza is than stock but its ALOT bigger. I was gonna do the seccond dynotune and injectors next up but now im going to do the cooler first! Edited 19/07/11 02:04 PM by Garrettba03
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now