Peter J Member 37 Member For: 17y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melb. Posted 09/12/09 02:18 PM Posted 09/12/09 02:18 PM Hows this for QUICK...
Maximus Member 1,627 Member For: 19y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Slip Sliding Away Posted 29/01/10 11:51 PM Posted 29/01/10 11:51 PM Telstra Cable Extreme..I have just upgraded to Telstra Extreme Cable and this is as fast as I can get.Is there something wrong as I am supposed to be hitting 80mbps.......
X-WING Member 811 Member For: 22y 9m 25d Location: BRISBANE Posted 30/01/10 03:06 AM Posted 30/01/10 03:06 AM .Look for a 20m file to download to give it time to settle and look at the transfer rate this will give you a better idea of you speed. A 1500 plan is approx 150kb/sec and go from thereI did some random test 2weeks ago on 4 dif Next G wireless devices and they ranged from 150kb/sec to 600 kb/sec depending on time of day and other factors The 600 kb/sec was on a Turbo Card device though standard next G mobile ran max at around 300-350/kb/sec
trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 30/01/10 04:21 AM Posted 30/01/10 04:21 AM (edited) Telstra Extreme Cable what a joke that sh*t is why the hell make it so fast with only 1meg upload when I was living in the city I had internode ....adsl2+ annex m was a about 99 bucks amonth from memory 22meg down with a good s/nr decent ping speed and about 2.8 meg upload if only they offered the same plans were im living now Edited 30/01/10 04:24 AM by trevs
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 30/01/10 04:46 AM Posted 30/01/10 04:46 AM Well I am now on my own ISP on ADSL2+.
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 30/01/10 05:10 AM Posted 30/01/10 05:10 AM Could be a little quicker.
Guest XR09 Guests Posted 30/01/10 09:41 AM Posted 30/01/10 09:41 AM If you have ever seen Telstra's fibre network you would understand why. They don't even know what they have in the ground. Cables from the early eighties, like the ones they use to use packed with grease. Great fun to play with those ones. And don't forget you are still running copper out of the house. down the street & up the block.....And then the birds nests in the fibre trays. Nightmare.
power_slide Hitting the apex Legacy Donating Member 596 Member For: 17y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Miranda Posted 31/01/10 08:11 AM Posted 31/01/10 08:11 AM (edited) This is what I got on TPG 50 per month 100 gb accountits quicker than the connection I just set up at work which was 10gb telstra supposed to be BDSL for business same line as banks, its 80 per month less 1/10th the downloads and slower Edited 31/01/10 08:14 AM by power_slide
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 5m 29d Gender: Male Posted 01/02/10 02:33 AM Posted 01/02/10 02:33 AM I had telstra and always had high download speeds regardless of the time. I thought I would save a few dollars and went AAPT. In the morning the speed are OK, come late afternoon then its so slow that cant play youtube videos. If I could I would go back to telstra for the additional $40 per month. I regret changing carriers.So you just cant quote off peak speeds, its the peaks period speeds that really count. BTW this morning my speed is 11.36 MB/sec download, 0.85 upload and 8ms ping.In the arvo it will be less than 1.5 MB/sec download
Guest XR09 Guests Posted 01/02/10 04:15 AM Posted 01/02/10 04:15 AM There are only two companies that have cables in the ground, well that sell deals to the public. Telstra and Optus. And Optus is only in Metro areas. Unless you live in WA. They are big over there. So if you are with any other ISP you will be a 2nd class Customer. So in peak times you will suffer. Hense all thses off peak deals the others offer.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now