My Build To A 9Sec 1/4

d rangd

• Member For: 15y 8m 3d

I don't think there is anything wrong with progress payments especially for smaller shops, as long as it has been agreed that x amount will be paid after so much work then some more when the next section is done. A shop up my way just closed down and word is unpaid accounts played a big part, no doubt management could have been better though. If customer owes you 15k and their car is worth 7 or 8 in resale and they decide to walk away that's a big hole left even if you can sell the car.

I found with the shop above as time progressed it was really up to me to chase updates. I used to feel like I was being a pain in the arse but if you keep regular contact they'll be less likely to push you to the side for smaller instant profit jobs. Being a nice and patient guy just doesnt pay off.

Sorry to hear about the delays, bolt ons shouldn't be such a mission.

• Member For: 15y 5m 8d

yeah man its sh*t when I feel like a nuisance dropping in once a week to check up rather than call, and every time nothing has been done and I get given some new excuse...but what im getting done is very straight foreward (not heres 50k and I want 1000hp, do whatever it takes). I did my own research and bought my own parts that I was happy with from reading up (very appreciative of the helpfull people out there that give their valid advice from experience, not because they want you to buy a bunch of gear that they can make more profit on blah blah)...all they are really doing is turning the spanners on the bunch of parts I gave them..and doing the tune. as far as id think (in my own opinion) that's a relatively easy job that the only money fronted by the company is labor...they arent forking out mega dollers for stuff I havent paid for, or doing anything that is unheard of/untested. but yeah just a bit sh*t how it all works and how they can pretty much tell you anything..make sure you are convinced the shop has a good rep if your a step behind me..

• 2 weeks later...

nah man im on holidays, get home in a couple of weeks, and if the things not done, im going to put it on a towtruck and take it to another shop mark my words. still stewing on it. but getting the autronic installed (well I gave them the computer, if they do any work that's another story...). only putting about 20psi through it till I get the rear end done, get slicks and suspension setup. ill take it for a few runs with street tyres then get a cage and take it to a real shop for a good tune then hopefully run some good times. id say its a while away though, would be good if you could just put it in a shop and get it all DONE!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 13d

hope it all comes good in the end for you mate.pm the shonks name to me so I make sure I dont go there. sounds like hes waiting for profit from other jobs to fund yours.Bloody Poor Service.

Edited by bluprinturbo

hope it all comes good in the end for you mate.pm the shonks name to me so I make sure I dont go there. sounds like hes waiting for profit from other jobs to fund yours.Bloody Poor Service.

I wouldnt be so upset if they were fronting parts for me, but I gave them the parts (a sh*tload of them) and said here chuck these on and do a tune. only parts they fronted was a few fuel fittings and some fuel hose, plus probly 50 hours labor. not a big job in any case. that's right haaha Bloody Poor Service

• 2 weeks later...