Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: syd south
Posted

dunno just woke up at 4 and figured I would start early lol.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Footscrayastan
Posted
:spankyou: crazy :drunk:
  • 1 month later...
  • Slippery when dry
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 2m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Foot Hills W.A
Posted

Pretty sure Repco do a replacement metal idler pulley....about $37 from memory I think...need to replace mine as its sounding pretty rattley....could be wrong but worth sussing them out...

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

As an indicator I was quoted $550 for the Ross Metal Jacket harmonic balancer and $548 for the pulley kit which includes the tensioner etc.

Does anyone know if upgrading the harmonic balancer actually does much for the performance / stability of the XR6T motor?

  • ANGEL EYES
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SE Suburbs, Melbourne
Posted
I will find out mate, considering Ross is sponsoring my new race car I think I may be able to get some kits at a good price.

Any news leigh? :blink:

  • 2 years later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 11m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

Sorry to bring up an oldie, but definietly worth checking this out! I noticed a slight noise at idle last week, got pretty bad last night so I did a quick search and found the idler pulley and auto tensioners are known to fail in these cars.

I diagnosed my noise coming from the tensioner (idler pulley got done under warrenty 7000km's ago) so today I replaced the pulley with a metal 'nuline' one. I found the old bearing had heaps of play, and started to melt the housing due to bearing failure..would of let go at any time if I left it..

anyway, its whisper quiet again. My car is a bfmk2 f6 with 43000km's, completely standard.

$28 for the pulley, or about $95 complete with auto tensioner (found them cheaper genuine on ebay, but I needed one today). Ill see how the aftermarket one goes.

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I changed our 5 falcons to the repco metal ones, all had average bearings.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mt Gambier, SA
Posted (edited)

Idler assy, drive belt, BA 8A617A. $30.50

Pulley, tensioner, EF 6B217A. $22.49 (pulley only)

EF pulley is cheaper than BA/BF. My dealer uses the EF ones.

Edited by johno
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 12d
Posted (edited)

Anyone know the part number of the Dayco belt for BA MKII turbo auto?

Edited by bjcrown

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...