ETM Member 1,194 Member For: 19y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: syd south Posted 02/06/09 10:09 AM Posted 02/06/09 10:09 AM Well I just pulled out from work to go home and noticed I had no power steering. I turned back and found that I had not only dropped the belt but the tensioner pulley had seized and literally melted off the bearing.Having quite a few spare motors I wasn't that worried but to my horror as I pulled each tensioner from the spare engines I discovered that they were mostly shagged.One was alright out of three so it is on now but I would recommend everyone check the pulley before it costs someone bigtime, 2 weeks ago I did a run from syd to melb and back in a day so I am glad it never happened then or I would probably still be on the side of the hume lol.See pic of melted pulley.
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 02/06/09 10:13 AM Posted 02/06/09 10:13 AM I have noticed mine seems to be jumping around lot lately when I've got it idling and the bonnet up , is this a sign it's on the way outI have a new gates belt to fit so might be worth doin the pulley at the same time
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 02/06/09 10:19 AM Posted 02/06/09 10:19 AM that's insane mate!!
Mike XR6T iTs alL DaRDy........ Legacy Donating Member 780 Member For: 19y 24d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 02/06/09 10:21 AM Posted 02/06/09 10:21 AM didnt u hear something getting noisy under there etm?the jumping is normal OURXR6 that's the spring doing its job as the engine speed fluxuates
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 02/06/09 10:31 AM Posted 02/06/09 10:31 AM ok might leave puttin the belt on a bit longer and do both at the same time
spine Legacy Donating Member 642 Member For: 20y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Footscrayastan Posted 02/06/09 10:48 AM Posted 02/06/09 10:48 AM And it pays to ring around the Ford dealers for a price if you dont have a trade account, as the prices vary.
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 02/06/09 11:07 AM Posted 02/06/09 11:07 AM (edited) Yeah this happened to me like last year.. Drove to a mates house, all good. He came out so left it idling and was chattin to him, 5 min later I go to drive off and couldnt turn the bloody wheel.. Think it was around $70 from ford for a new one...Ford said its a common problem and had em in stock!! Edited 02/06/09 11:08 AM by MiKa
ETM Member 1,194 Member For: 19y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: syd south Posted 02/06/09 11:09 AM Author Posted 02/06/09 11:09 AM There was no indication at all, it just died on me. Fine one minute gone the next
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 02/06/09 11:32 AM Posted 02/06/09 11:32 AM Hmmm. No belt and no alternator charging.Wouldn't that put the battery light on on the dash?
wados Member 617 Member For: 21y 11m 12d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 02/06/09 11:32 AM Posted 02/06/09 11:32 AM this happened to a BA infront of me on the high way came out from under his car and hit my cooler, I wasnt sure what it was at first till I pulled over and the pully was sitting inside the front bar and a nice big dint in my cooler
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now