Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

Nuline make good gear. I've replaced the POS factory 'plastic' idler pulley early days, as it was noisey. From memomy, F6mark has done his also. Cheap as chips to replace really but ford should fit better ones from the start.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 23d
Posted

The ones I posted up or are there other aftermarket ones out there?

Think they will be using the nuline ones

  • 1 month later...
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

Changed mine today, great sahk-sess as Borat says! A tip is don't try to use a 1/2 inch bar with 3/8 adaptor, not enough room to get it in and out easily...I managed but barely! Remember to check the inside of your service logbook for belt diagram. I also advise to start putting new belt on by slipping it onto the tensioner pulley first, as it has to go behind the arm to sit on top of pulley. Good luck if you don't have a fair bit of slack!

2012-07-21131612edit.jpg

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Throbbing Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Picked up two new nuline pulleys today EP010 and a EP121 Idler and tensioner pulleys. Is there any torque ratings for putting these on or just do em FT? looks a little tight down there..

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted (edited)

Take out the fans! :)

I didn't in the pic above. Only one horizontal bolt holding it in on each end.

Edited by -SteveR-
  • Like 1
  • Turboless
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong, Victoria
Posted

Picked up two new nuline pulleys today EP010 and a EP121 Idler and tensioner pulleys. Is there any torque ratings for putting these on or just do em FT? looks a little tight down there..

25NM iirc for both

  • 2 months later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 11m 26d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

does anyone think I could get away with doing the idler like this guy? Ie without removing the belt/tensioner.

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

I always prefer to take the belt off first but meh whatevas

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted

does anyone think I could get away with doing the idler like this guy? Ie without removing the belt/tensioner.

The video cutting around the 2.30min mark would tell that he had trouble with it if not taking the slack from the tensioner. I didn't remove the tensioner I just used the ratchet to take the load off the pulley to undo it! Same for fitting the new one back on.

I'll give you a hand if you want Broke as it only takes a few minutes to do.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 11m 26d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

The video cutting around the 2.30min mark would tell that he had trouble with it if not taking the slack from the tensioner. I didn't remove the tensioner I just used the ratchet to take the load off the pulley to undo it! Same for fitting the new one back on.

I'll give you a hand if you want Broke as it only takes a few minutes to do.

hey mate, yeah I wasnt sure what the go with that fade/cut right as he was trying to force that pulley back on. I picked up one of the steel one's from Repco today. Looks good, I'll have to wait for now I just got home from running around and I already burned myself on that oil feed that's right in front there haha. I took a video of my pulley in it's current state, it's fairly well clapped and getting worse. It's been noisey for a while but I just never really figured out what I was looking for as it's only really audible in my garage when im pulling up. I'll post the video for anyone who wants to know what sound it shouldnt make. haha

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...