Glouva1 Legacy Donating Member 654 Member For: 15y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Surrey Hills, Melbourne Posted 05/08/12 10:22 AM Posted 05/08/12 10:22 AM That's not cool.
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/08/12 10:24 AM Posted 05/08/12 10:24 AM If anyone has any questions about insurance I might be able to help, I work for RACV..... Please no hate mail lol how do I get to chose my own repairerandwhat about mods? whats the best way around this and getting them listed and all the fine print they dont tell us.
PookeyMaster Legacy Donating Member 1,531 Member For: 15y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Parramatta, NSW Posted 05/08/12 12:50 PM Posted 05/08/12 12:50 PM FF, choosing your own repairer can depend on your insurer. For example, I'm with NRMA and they have no problem with you using your own repairer as long as they aren't exorbitant with their quote. If it's reasonable it's all good. Coles don't give you a choice though for example. As for mods, again it depends on insurer. With NRMA I've queried them and they all have to be legal (obviously, even Just Car has this requirement) but there's no set number to how many you're allowed. Their systems says yes or no depending on who you are (age and driving history) and the particular car. For example, I was told putting a Turbo on an XR6 would be a major mod on their system but upgrading the turbo in an XR6T would be 'a normal' or lower risk mod. The lowest category were things like oil coolers, trans coolers, air box/filter, etc. and they were allowed it's only once you start adding exhausts and intercoolers and stuff that they get picky. If you want to have mods without worrying about it, just go with Just Car. At least you know they'll approve them all.
Eezdown Member 14 Member For: 14y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: VIC Posted 06/08/12 03:23 AM Posted 06/08/12 03:23 AM how do I get to chose my own repairerandwhat about mods? whats the best way around this and getting them listed and all the fine print they dont tell us.RACV aren't too concerned with mods as long as they're legal, the main concern is the actual financial interest in the vehicle.... You wouldn't be able to insure a vehicle that's worth $25,000 for $50,000...... It's a matter of what you want back. So if you plan on spending $25k on mods there is very little chance you're going to recover all of that if the cars written off. As for the repairer it's always been you're own choice as long as I can remember.
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/08/12 11:40 AM Posted 06/08/12 11:40 AM cheers Eezdown
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 06/08/12 09:50 PM Posted 06/08/12 09:50 PM What "legal" modifications are you blokes talking about? As in everything changed has been engineered?
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 06/08/12 10:15 PM Posted 06/08/12 10:15 PM All my mods legal or otherwise are detailed on my policy with AAMI. No mention in the fine print of illegalitiesEdit. Squirters aren't listed and tune is recorded as "Chipped" apparently they have never heard of "edit" and hence do not have a specific category 1
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 10d Posted 07/08/12 02:27 AM Posted 07/08/12 02:27 AM Basically no one would insure me with my 2008 FG XR6T at 20yo. Even tried putting the car in my old mans name and not being listed and no way would they cover. In the end NRMA was the best option. Abotu $2500 in my name with $800 excess or $850 in my old mans (max no claim 50yo) with a $2000 excess for me) $800 for the old man, market value not agreed but given I have 19's and sunroof and fairly low kms I was told its about $25k at the momentAs young blokes have it tough lol
aimz rokafi New Member 23 Member For: 14y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 07/08/12 06:03 AM Posted 07/08/12 06:03 AM picking up my T ute on saturday!!!the reason I decided to get one now is insurance finally became reasonable. what has shocked me is that NRMA is by far the cheapest for me. (prices rounded up to nearest $100)NRMA; $1200Just Car; $1600CBA; $2400AAMI; $2400GIO; $3100im 28, but ive got a clean record and ive never had an accident/made a claim.he best quote I have is from NRMA at $1,340 for a 20 yo Male owning and driving a 2012 G6E Turbopretty good considering your age!
Kosij Legacy Donating Member 2,045 Member For: 15y 1m 18d Gender: Male Posted 07/08/12 06:21 AM Posted 07/08/12 06:21 AM I'm with nrma! 23yo insured for $19,800 I pay $89 per month and live in a high risk area so that's pretty good.... And mods covered as longs as there "roadworthy" :/
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now