Jump to content

aimz rokafi

New Member
  • Posts

    23
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by aimz rokafi

  1. in the old F100; roughly 2 tonne in the back, 1.5 tonne on a trailer. in the turbo; a labrador and a border collie. lol.
  2. in theory it should look good, but it doesnt really imo. the ones with the LED strip that doesnt follow the shape of the head light look crappy too. (again, just my opinion). if I had a MK1 FG id just get the MK2 headlights.
  3. yeah ive seen some commos with it, doesnt suit them at all. why not stick with the HDT style?
  4. thanks guys. still deciding anyway. the panel shops were a bit unsure of fitting an aftermarket bonnet. going on the positive responses on ebay it couldnt be toooo bad though.
  5. went and got a couple of quotes. they both want to spray the gaurds and bonnet because it wont match. prices were roughly the same $600-800. I know the ute is a year old, but its mostly parked in a garage out of the sun. surely it couldnt have faded.
  6. ive been looking into getting a bulge bonnet for my ute. are the ones from ebay ok? new they are roughly $350 - $400 delivered.
  7. sorry, I meant; the noise seems worse when slowing down, under brakes/using the gears or just coasting.
  8. mine is making a similar noise with factory 19in dunlops with 6000km of wear. the noise seems to be worse under brakes. esp just before coming to a complete stop. no vibrations through the wheel, just sounds like ive got mud tyres on hahaha. (well, not that bad)
  9. welded up a dog cage for the ute. going to get it powdercoated black next week then I can install.
  10. 3200km and just booked in for the complimentary 3000km check over/service. no complaints so far.
  11. I got some plazmaman stuff. might install over the weekend. just a CAI and intake muffler delete
  12. I dont understand shannons. I did a quote through them and they said they couldnt insure me as the car was my daily... but the ad says they "even insure your daily drive" also, it pays to shop around even if you get a good deal. my friends lil toy yaris went from $800 to $950... she rang up a few places and got it down to $600... then rang her insurer back and they matched it. lol.
  13. ripping out the interior of my x d and painting all the vinyl black with cans of vinyl/trim paint from repco. I even did the roof lining. breathing in the fumes took about 10 years off my life. it was 9 or so years ago, I can still smell it. laying on my back. spraying the roof. WHYYYYYYY. it looked... average at best
  14. NICE ONE!!!
  15. two week old FG2 ute, 1800km. decided to take it away up north, was a good way to run it in then have some real fun on the return leg. very impressed with it so far.
  16. Thanks Missn2! how much longer til yours arrives? its worth the wait btw.
  17. picked up my FG2 XR6T LE this morning. was hoping for a bit of sunshine... just waiting on the ladder bars and tow bar. I love it.
  18. I went in to NRMA yesterday, the woman there brought up my quote and re-entered all my details. didnt change a thing and it came to $1747 (up from $1247). so she called her boss and apparently insurance went up the day after I did my quote (I think that's BS... to go up $500?? maybe $100 or two) anyway it kindof made sense as they were significantly cheaper than ANY other insurer. good news is, because I saved the quote on that particular day... they still charged me the $1247.
  19. the ads say "unlimited legal mods"
  20. picking up my T ute on saturday!!! the reason I decided to get one now is insurance finally became reasonable. what has shocked me is that NRMA is by far the cheapest for me. (prices rounded up to nearest $100) NRMA; $1200 Just Car; $1600 CBA; $2400 AAMI; $2400 GIO; $3100 im 28, but ive got a clean record and ive never had an accident/made a claim. pretty good considering your age!
  21. im hoping mine is ready within 2 weeks. I cannot wait. its been on order for a long time. originally ordered a T then two weeks later got a call from the dealer telling me to wait and I could get the t with (svp?)... then ive called the poor bloke about 5 times umming and ahhing about stuff. originally ordered the ladder racks, then decided to go sportbar/tonnau... now back to ladder racks for work realised I dont need the soft tonnau because ill be making a dog cage for the back.. this is what happens when im given too much time to think about stuff. also... really sucks to not have a car.
  22. thanks guys. they all need a bit of work, but its nice to have them. I was lucky to have room on a property up north. built a couple of sheds to keep them out of the elements.
  23. hi guys, im james but most call me aimz (a drunk friend couldnt pronounce the "j" and it stuck). anyways, im the proud owner of a pair of legs,but ive put a deposit down on an XR6T ute. id have it by now except the salesman said I should wait a few weeks for some special or limited edition. I agreed and now im playing the waiting game. I cannot wait to get this ute. my first new car, but my 5th ford. ive had an x d, XY and an EB. I also have an F100, a 28 chev tourer, a 38 bedford truck and an old speed boat (with a ford V8).
×
×
  • Create New...