MacVibe Member 8 Member For: 21y 10m 1d Posted 09/12/04 11:12 PM Posted 09/12/04 11:12 PM I'm currently getting just over 400 km per tank....but my fuel consumption seems to be getting worse, not better!! However, that could be due to my the ever increasing heaviness of my right foot.The reading on the trip computer is not spot on, by any means. One guy at Ford told me that he thinks it is a joke. Instead of being a reading directly related to driving, it can/is effected by other factors such as living in a hilly area. Look at the rolling fuel reading as you are going up a hill. I was doing bugger all and had the revs around 1500 and it showed 30+
exar Member 187 Member For: 22y 6m 22d Posted 10/12/04 08:58 AM Posted 10/12/04 08:58 AM I had the AVG consumption reading below 8 litres/100k the other day on the highway!!Normally I can get it down to 9. One trick is stay a little below 100k as the turbo starts to cause consumption to go up at about 2000 rpm - which is about 100kph in 4th gear in my auto.
BADXR8 Member 37 Member For: 23y 23d Posted 10/12/04 03:09 PM Posted 10/12/04 03:09 PM Try 350ks out of 60 litres. Mind you that is all city/suburban drivng with a slightly heavier right foot than left.
LAZY6 Member 620 Member For: 21y 10m 13d Gender: Male Posted 10/12/04 03:58 PM Posted 10/12/04 03:58 PM this isnt sounding good!im thinking about buying one = (
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 29d Gender: Male Posted 10/12/04 07:00 PM Posted 10/12/04 07:00 PM I wouldnt buy one if fuel consumption is a major problem for you. Anything with 240 kw is going to be a bit thirsty but its all in how you drive it. Im sure most of the guys that own them will agree.You can get good figures by driving conservitavely or it depends weather you live in town or country.Doesnt worry me how much petrol it uses as its a hell of a lot of fun. I am not a wealthy person and fuel ecomomy is one of those things I just dont worry about.
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 11/12/04 08:01 AM Posted 11/12/04 08:01 AM well I'm currently getting around 18.6-18.9 on the dash...when I picked it up it was showing 26!!! it's only got 440km on the clock now, but it seems to be using a but more then I expected...I'll try resetting it and see what it reads...Dave.
Dan K Member 40 Member For: 21y 9m 26d Gender: Male Location: Stanthorpe Qld Posted 11/12/04 09:30 AM Posted 11/12/04 09:30 AM this isnt sounding good!im thinking about buying one = (I have spoken to quite a few people in the last few days and just about all said they really free up and fuel consumption comes good after about 10000ks. Anyway I love it far 2 much to be 2 concerned. In real terms around town if it uses around 18l/100k and you would be happy with 12 or 13 works out to around $25/ tank. I am quite willing to accept the trade off.....
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 29d Gender: Male Posted 11/12/04 09:56 AM Posted 11/12/04 09:56 AM this isnt sounding good!im thinking about buying one = (I have spoken to quite a few people in the last few days and just about all said they really free up and fuel consumption comes good after about 10000ks. Anyway I love it far 2 much to be 2 concerned. In real terms around town if it uses around 18l/100k and you would be happy with 12 or 13 works out to around $25/ tank. I am quite willing to accept the trade off..... <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Youre right, dont worry about consumption as the car is so much fun. Pity petrol prices are so high
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 29d Gender: Male Posted 11/12/04 09:59 AM Posted 11/12/04 09:59 AM I had the AVG consumption reading below 8 litres/100k the other day on the highway!!Normally I can get it down to 9. One trick is stay a little below 100k as the turbo starts to cause consumption to go up at about 2000 rpm - which is about 100kph in 4th gear in my auto.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I tried that today and you are spot on.At 98kmh the engine is doing 1950 rpm and is showing around 9 L per 100k and at 105 kmh its doing 10-11 L per 100k.
colbourne Member 52 Member For: 22y 9m 8d Posted 11/12/04 01:27 PM Posted 11/12/04 01:27 PM Unfortunately I think your 30+ l/100 km reading on the hill is fairly accurate as the engine is having to lift nearly 2 tonnes vertically against gravity.To prevent you worrying about the cost try visiting England where fuel is 2.5 times more expensive and when you come back you will really enjoy driving again. For each dollar you spend here you save 1.5 dollars , so you will soon be rich !Drag is proportional to the square of the speed so you would expect a big difference between the fuel used at 95 to 105km/h95 *95 = 9025 ie 9 litres / 100km105 * 105 = 11025 ie 11 litres/100km
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now