FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 1m 3d Gender: Male Posted 11/12/04 06:47 PM Posted 11/12/04 06:47 PM Unfortunately I think your 30+ l/100 km reading on the hill is fairly accurate as the engine is having to lift nearly 2 tonnes vertically against gravity.To prevent you worrying about the cost try visiting England where fuel is 2.5 times more expensive and when you come back you will really enjoy driving again. For each dollar you spend here you save 1.5 dollars , so you will soon be rich !Drag is proportional to the square of the speed so you would expect a big difference between the fuel used at 95 to 105km/h95 *95 = 9025 ie 9 litres / 100km105 * 105 = 11025 ie 11 litres/100km<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ive got friends in the UK and they are really annoyed about the cost of fuel there. It is very expensive and I can see why alternative fuels and solar power etc are being studied.
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 1m 3d Gender: Male Posted 12/12/04 12:15 AM Posted 12/12/04 12:15 AM Unfortunately I think your 30+ l/100 km reading on the hill is fairly accurate as the engine is having to lift nearly 2 tonnes vertically against gravity.To prevent you worrying about the cost try visiting England where fuel is 2.5 times more expensive and when you come back you will really enjoy driving again. For each dollar you spend here you save 1.5 dollars , so you will soon be rich !Drag is proportional to the square of the speed so you would expect a big difference between the fuel used at 95 to 105km/h95 *95 = 9025 ie 9 litres / 100km105 * 105 = 11025 ie 11 litres/100km<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ive got friends in the UK and they are really annoyed about the cost of fuel there. It is very expensive and I can see why alternative fuels and solar power etc are being studied.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I also agree with the drag theory to a point. We are only talking a 7 kmh difference from 98 to 105 yet can save 1.5 to 2 L per 100km. Good fuel consumption does depend on the drive as well. Keeping just out of the turbos rev range has to have benefits as far as fuel consumption goes. Not much fun though
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 14/12/04 10:49 AM Posted 14/12/04 10:49 AM After 1700km and 4 refills, I am averaging 11.4 L/100 km in my Ford Focus. If anyone here gets this or less in their Ts, STOP DRIVING LIKE NANCY BOYS
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/12/04 11:56 AM Posted 14/12/04 11:56 AM After 1700km and 4 refills, I am averaging 11.4 L/100 km in my Ford Focus. If anyone here gets this or less in their Ts, STOP DRIVING LIKE NANCY BOYS Whos the nancy boy in the focus?? :lol: Get a real car :lol: By the way, after 25,000ks, I am averaging 13.5km/l.
Guest TRACK Guests Posted 14/12/04 12:27 PM Posted 14/12/04 12:27 PM Try big throttle, big revs, 1st gear up hill and watch the instantaneous readout, It skips lots of numbers, but I did see it say 82L/100km!! :lol: :lol: (max fuel comsumption, minimum road speed)Seriously though I am averaging 13.8L/100km, as a mix of city/country driving in a stock manual T sedan, with 58,000km.Only suggestion on fuel consumption is Ford should have put a bigger tank in it, filling it up every 2-3 days becomes annoying.
exar Member 187 Member For: 22y 6m 26d Posted 16/12/04 06:22 AM Posted 16/12/04 06:22 AM Drag is proportional to the square of the speed so you would expect a big difference between the fuel used at 95 to 105km/h95 *95 = 9025 ie 9 litres / 100km105 * 105 = 11025 ie 11 litres/100kmErr, you can't just square kilometres per hour and get litres per 100km, the units are all wrong, and anyway, by that logic, 150 k/h would suck 22.5 litres/100km, and at 60 k/h you get 3.6 litres/100km
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 26d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 18/12/04 09:25 AM Posted 18/12/04 09:25 AM (edited) Fuel consumption WHAT fuel consumption.....??????Go with the Drag Theory and Dust a Dunny Door ! The only guage I go by is the distance between me and the contender in the rear view mirror. I certainly didn't notice the digits on the dash when WRX White, wrx green and wrx yellow were playing catch the PHANTOM! LMAOThose of you thinking of buying an XRT6 ....... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?????????????Best thing I ever did!! :) :) Edited 18/12/04 09:28 AM by phantomchic
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 18/12/04 11:10 AM Posted 18/12/04 11:10 AM What about the 'signal benders', do these help fuel consumption, given they normally 'lean' out the fuel/air ratios??I will be doing around 40K / year, mostly freeway driving, and are looking at a unichip, or the like, for both more grunt, and better fuel economy, when I'm not fanging it Thanks,Alan
Guest ThePhoon Guests Posted 29/12/04 09:03 PM Posted 29/12/04 09:03 PM Just did a small run, 128klm 14.98 litres at AVG 116klm/hr (110 Spped Limit) This equates to 11.71 L/100klm Went around a road train (Triple) started at the back at 90k/hr, as I passed the front I was doing 170k/hr Didnt push to hard gotta be happy with that.Note Both the road train and I were on a private road Note The premium unleaded cost me 105.9c/l
Guest ThePhoon Guests Posted 29/12/04 09:04 PM Posted 29/12/04 09:04 PM PS The Phoon only got 800klm on the clock
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now