Rancidpunx Brisbanes Resident Detailer Legacy Donating Member 950 Member For: 17y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: In my Cabin Outside Brisbane. Posted 13/06/10 09:15 AM Posted 13/06/10 09:15 AM yeah mate, once again top answer champ.So its just the solenoid that needs the maintenance, what about the compressor housing nipple and the actual turbo itself or right down to the actuator.
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 13/06/10 10:42 AM Posted 13/06/10 10:42 AM If you put enough in it should work it's way through everything.
Scott Tisco Member 29 Member For: 16y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Penrith, N.S.W Posted 15/06/10 03:15 AM Posted 15/06/10 03:15 AM Got that pic yet champ?Got a flat battery on the camera should have some pics tonight,ive turned the knob and it clicks but I put it back to where it is before I drive it just incase
Scott Tisco Member 29 Member For: 16y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Penrith, N.S.W Posted 15/06/10 12:26 PM Posted 15/06/10 12:26 PM (edited) The black knob at the bottom Edited 15/06/10 12:27 PM by Scott Tisco
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 16/06/10 06:33 AM Posted 16/06/10 06:33 AM Looks like mine I think? It's just a cap right? No function aside from blocking the hole? Don't even know what the hole is for
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 21/06/10 06:35 AM Posted 21/06/10 06:35 AM Without looking at it from the end, I would say it is just an exhaust port that is covered by a cap to keep contamination out.I wouldn't twist it too much or it may drop off or break.
MRDOSE Member 1,195 Member For: 18y 9m Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 12/07/10 03:07 AM Posted 12/07/10 03:07 AM My hose has been cut and attatched to a gfb boost controller.. Do I just spray down the tube connecting to the controller?
Bigkeels Throbbing Member Legacy Donating Member 594 Member For: 17y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 12/07/10 08:03 AM Posted 12/07/10 08:03 AM A month or so ago my battery went on the blink, replaced it and the starting issues are all gone. But I still get the chatter from the boot release solenoid probably 1 in 5 times.It first happened when the battery was playing up, when I would press the boot release button it would make a loud chattering noise. I could not even get the boot to shut that time, it wouldn't lock.Now its fine to lock it if the solenoid has chattered when I pressed the button. Anyone got any ideas on whats going on or should I just take it into ford as its still under new car warranty.Cheers,Keelan
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/07/10 09:30 AM Posted 12/07/10 09:30 AM id be getting it done under warranty.
Craig Uleh Member 8 Member For: 17y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: SA Posted 25/07/10 07:25 AM Posted 25/07/10 07:25 AM Just done this on mine today as I was a bit bored, made a fair difference to how it comes on boost. Much the same as it did when I picked it up 5k ago! Will be doing this more often
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now