Boost Solenoid Maintenance

ZAP

• role model
  • Member For: 18y 1m 17d
I have done this to my car and it made a huge difference, but then again when my battery went flat and I replaced it did the same thing, so it got my wondering does disconecting the battery and reseting the computer make the difference not the solenoid?

that happend to me aswell not long after I did it the battery died and

was replaced but I havent done it agian since

so by donig this maintance does it effect the battery in anyway?

• Member For: 17y 11m 25d
I have done this to my car and it made a huge difference, but then again when my battery went flat and I replaced it did the same thing, so it got my wondering does disconecting the battery and reseting the computer make the difference not the solenoid?

Can the next person to do this test out 5inful's theory, I would but my bonnet latch is effed at the moment.

• CNUTOX
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 22d

Can the next person to do this test out 5inful's theory, I would but my bonnet latch is effed at the moment.

I did this about 10,000kms ago, without taking the battery out, and it made a difference. Just pull the f*cking hose, and fish with an extension on the wd-40 can, and presto. I used some old speaker wire, that I pulled thew innards out of. :spoton:

• Tractor Driver
  • Member For: 18y 2m 18d

I didn't notice any improvement by resetting the learned values (disconnecting the battery)

• Tractor Driver
  • Member For: 18y 2m 18d
Which indicates that it's operating at peak output already; you flog it all the time. :Doh:

You've seen me drive it - I managed to keep up on the Snowys cruise, but I secretly reckon it's my missus who drives it harder than I do round town. :crybaby:

Which is exactly the way it should be :pooh:

Precisely :crybaby:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 8d
mbc ... Manual Boost Controller? aka bleed valve?

Care to elaborate why you use this rather than the solenoid?  You got me interested

Im not going into any theroies of why they work better as I'm sure it will open up some lame ass dribble-a-thon, but.. I've heard the solenoid is slow to react, and cant be controlled well at its max duty cycle ( this is most likely dribble too :blink: )

But at the end of the day, Ive changed to and from and it always hits max boost faster and harder with the mbc... and quite a few that has ridden in the car say it comes on boost dam hard. I'm not saying that it boosts earlier in the rpm range, it just goes from 0 to 13psi faster... and I can adjust the boost without having to flash a new tune in.

An ebc with good quality solenoid would be better again

• Member For: 21y 4m 4d

Hey guys, I'm going to do this boost solenoid maintenance on my typhoon this weekend. Just wondering if I need to do anything different to the xr6 turbo seeing that the typhoon's come with the alarm?