Guest newl Guests Posted 01/03/07 09:20 AM Posted 01/03/07 09:20 AM Nope. Don't have to do anything different. I'd be curious to know why you'd do it on a new car though.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 01/03/07 09:43 AM Posted 01/03/07 09:43 AM Nope. Don't have to do anything different. I'd be curious to know why you'd do it on a new car though. ←Well it's a demo so it's probably about 6 months old. I though do it early to make sure it's all working ok So you don't have to worry about turning the ignition to setting 1 before removing the battery?
Guest newl Guests Posted 01/03/07 09:50 AM Posted 01/03/07 09:50 AM Well, you shouldn't have to remove the battery really. I've got good sized hands and was able to get the bugger off with the aid of some long nosed pliers (some hoses seem to have the clamp where the hose mates to the solenoid). I suppose that the battery removal would be the last resort.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 01/03/07 09:55 AM Posted 01/03/07 09:55 AM Really?? When my brother and I did his on his xr6 turbo we could get nowhere near the boost solenoid with the battery still in it's spot. The pipes connecting to it didn't have enough leeway. I'll give it a go and see if I can manage without it.Well the secondary reason why I wanted to disconnect the battery is because the car has been driven by the sales manager of the dealership. I just want to make the car learn my driving style.
gravelrash Member 213 Member For: 23y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Dalby, QLD Posted 01/03/07 11:59 AM Posted 01/03/07 11:59 AM hmm subscribing to this. might just try this
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 5d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 02/03/07 08:22 AM Posted 02/03/07 08:22 AM I have searched for a bit but could not find the answer to my question.the standard boost solenoid is, as far as I can see a one hose in one hose out system.if I remove the hoses and connect them to my one in one out boost controllers solenoid and leave the standard one there not connected will this be ok. does the computer get any readings from the stock boost solenoid.can I just unplug and remove the standard solenoid replacing it with my boost controllers solenoid.any help would be much appreciated.
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 02/03/07 08:39 AM Posted 02/03/07 08:39 AM It doesn't get any readings from the standard valve, I removed mine completely when I put the e-boost in and just left the plug unplugged.
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 5d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 02/03/07 09:13 AM Posted 02/03/07 09:13 AM thanks..
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 2d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 02/03/07 09:48 AM Posted 02/03/07 09:48 AM Hmmmm.. Good advice???
loopism Tractor Driver Member 709 Member For: 20y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/03/07 09:57 AM Posted 02/03/07 09:57 AM Hey guys, I'm going to do this boost solenoid maintenance on my typhoon this weekend. Just wondering if I need to do anything different to the xr6 turbo seeing that the typhoon's come with the alarm?←Yeah, I have the factory alarm as well and you need to switch the ignition to ON, then remove the battery. When you put the battery back in, make sure the ignition is OFF.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now