Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 26d
  • Location: Sydney Bronx :)
Posted
The T's have a thermoscopic (?) syphon effect that cools the turbo after the motor is switched off, this is why most people do not use them.  With the TT's you also cannot lock the car while it is running, so it sorta defeats the purpose of having it.

That said, if you give the car a hard time, just take it easy for the last couple of minutes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Zap

I have a TT on mine but I dont use it as it came with the car, but you can lock the car while it is running. Just need to use the key.

Cheers

Cowie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed, key lock if I need to have it set for a long period of time. My TT usually runs for 30 seconds unless I've given the car a bit.

Regardless of what ford say re: turbo cooling down, I dont believe in turning my car off whilst the turbo is glowing.

My 10 cents worth.

PS, you can get an Apexi Auto Timer (slimline design) for about $135 - $140 shipped. This is the one I am using in my car, its a great timer.

  • Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Regardless of what you believe, the fact is you dont need a turbo timer. It's not just ford who has come to this conclusion... it is a scientifically proven fact that the turbo will still create flow of water with the engine turned off.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 22d
  • Location: Brissy Norf siide
Posted
hi guys, ive had my car for almost a week now. I just wanted to know how much k's you guys are getting out of a full tank (what it says on that trip thing). ive filled up a full tank with woolworths caltex vortex, and my dash is telling me 387!! is that normal?  cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm using my 2004 BA XR6T mkI as a service vehicle, the trip indicates I average about 11.2L/100k but I get anywhere between 380-420 km/tank that's with 50/50 city/highway Km's but Im not draging every HSV from the lights either.

I also recently did a trip from Bris to Syd Return where I got 500-520Km out of a tank.

I guess it all come down to driving habits and conditions.

Scott

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Isn't the issue about oil flow though? I realise this topic has been thrashed around almost as much as the choice of colour and transmission - but it's not all about the water thermosyphon.

In a few years time these "idiots" with turbo timers may just be sitting back and having a good old chuckle!

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

What about extremely hot stationery parts that need to move again? :laughing:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 3d
  • Location: Brisbane QLD
Posted

Sorry that should read

"Are OUR LIVES so fast"

It sounds a bit personal the other way and I dont want it to sound that way....

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

2003 BA Series 1 Auto 'T' - Pump Figures:

City Cycle: 21,328kms / 2895.12 litres = 7.37km/l or 20.81mpg or 13.57 l/100km

Country : 8,699kms / 917.63 litres = 9.48km/l or 26.78 mpg or 10.55 l/100km

Yeah, I'm a numbers freak!! :blush::nono:

  • Formerly XR6NA
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
This may be a stupid question but what is a fmic?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Front Mount Intercooler :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that. So what are the benefits of having a front mount intercooler? More airflow onto the intercooler?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...