Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 21d
  • Location: SA
Posted
hi guys, ive just filled up my 2nd tank of gas with vortex premium. deciding to save money on fuel ive been driving my auto ba very carefully, keeping it shifting below 2k rpms so turbo doesnt kick in. I then remembered reading in the manual that it said the most fuel efficient speeds are between 60-100km/hr. just wanted to know how you guys have been driving, and whether the manuals right or wrong.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ask yourself why you wanted to buy a T. If the answer is because of the performance, you need to accept the fact that it will chew the juice. Don't be a nanna, give it heaps...

  • Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 18d
  • Location: Mexico
Posted
To save fuel, I go everywhere flat out, so I get there quicker, so I can turn the car off earlier, which saves me fuel :msm:  :laughing:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like it :tease:

  • XR68UZ
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 24d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

lol. once again I am shown the light. guess ill drive normal till I find a challenge. only won 1 so far against me mates supra. amazing he could keep up to me up to 2nd gear, when his is a non turbo (has other mods though)

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boronia, Vic
Posted

Actually I have found that babying it I use more fuel than moving swiftly from standstill. Don't forget the weight of the car is an important factor.

Happy :laughing:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 15d
Posted

I found a few ways to get good economy.

1. Park it in the garage and drive the wifes car... but that's too boring :msm:

2. Don't drive it hard ... but why did I buy it .... that doesn't work :laughing:

3. Only drive on freeways with the cruise control on, aware that camera are watching. :tease:

and this last one is the only one that will ever work. Ask your employer for a fuel card as part of your salary ... I did & got one and fuel is excellent now....

They had to get caltex to change the ruling on my card so I could get vortex 98, everyone elso only gets standard fuel..... suckers.. in boring company cars.

Point of this is drive it to enjoy it... I do!!! :msm:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Boronia, Vic
Posted

Great car, great colour, now all you have to do is get rid of that crappy 'Action Suzuki Autos' . It needs to be removed to give the car some justice.

Oh yeah, go the stealth look and de-badge, it may help you while on your P's

Daniel

  • XR68UZ
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 24d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

true true. how do we remove that action suzuki thing? is there something else I can use (I.e. I still want the border)

  • XR68UZ
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 24d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

lol smart thinking wayne D. too bad I don't have a job yet.lol

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 21d
  • Location: SA
Posted
true true. how do we remove that action suzuki thing? is there something else I can use (I.e. I still want the border)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unscrew your number plate and it will come off. If you want to keep it, get some plastic primer and a gloss black paint and spray it. Did the same to mine and it cam up a treat.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...