Jaeyon's Questions...

XR68UZ

• XR68UZ
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 19d

hi guys. the first thing in going to do to my new T is install an alarm. my friend can install aftermarket alarms which you get off ebay (comes with a few nifty tricks but I dont think they are australian standard ones), however when I first got my car, the dealer said it had some kind of special computer or something.

my friends installed alarms in a few cars however I dont think his done a car as advanced as an o3 T (I think the best his done is an 02 wrx).

what should I do? go with my friend or look for someone else. could anyone recommend someone who installs alarm in the liverpool area?

thanks

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• T.P.I.S.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 25d
yup it was a telstra ex! took it to the dealer and they removed it for me. love the colour of the dash. first thing im thinking of doing is getting a bigger fmic. any ideas? I dont want my car loud though as parents dont like loud cars. lol. I was thinking of installing neons as well however im not sure if there legal. any ideas will be greatly appreciated

Too much fast and the furious.

Neons? are you kidding

• XR68UZ
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 19d

lol. being 17 I guess I think its pretty cool. I like the look of the ones on my friends supra. what I want to know is if we can drive with them on. oh and what mods do you guys suggest? I dont want a loud car and im pretty happy with the power im getting now but wouldnt mind more grunt, however I still want the smooth ride.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d

Do not get the eBay alarms.

If you want to prevent your car from being stolen, speak to a reputable alarm installer.

The XR6T's have a very advanced immobiliser that is not compatible with most car alarms, but there are some that work fine.

I would be looking at a SMS based system, but expect to pay $1500-2000 for a good one.

I have not had a alarm in my car for 2 years and never had a problem, I have also never heard of a T being stolen without the keys or a towtruck.

Also, please do not use Neon's in your T as they look tryhard and tacky. Spend your money on a Edit and you will be happy.

It is not how it shows, it's how it goes :msm::spoton:

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d

Jaeyon, Are you aware that you cannot legally drive a XR6T in NSW ?

They are on the list of banned cars for P platers.

I would also hate to see the price for your insurance policy

• Member For: 18y 10m 21d

my ute is fitted with mongoose alarm which works with the factory emobilizer

and central locking, it adds alarm and shock sensors etc. works really well and for approx $400 fitted good value.

regards geoff :spoton:

• Member For: 18y 5m 24d
my friends installed alarms in a few cars however I dont think his done a car as advanced as an o3 T (I think the best his done is an 02 wrx).

I doubt that he would have any trouble with the BA if he has done other modern cars.

you don't have to connect any of the engine kill relays on the BA so all there is to wire up is the doors, siren and shock sensor.

if you know the guy you are the best judge on whether or not he will look after your new baby or not :spoton:

• Member For: 20y 11m 22d
Jaeyon, Are you aware that you cannot legally drive a XR6T in NSW ?

They are on the list of banned cars for P platers.

I would also hate to see the price for your insurance policy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got a quote of RACV it is cheeper for me next year (18) to have an XR6T than a AUII XR8 which sucks because it will be the AUII XR8 that I get as I cannot see anyway of me affording an XR6T :laughing: not that I wouldn't be happy with the XR8..

• Member For: 18y 9m 1d
lol. being 17 I guess I think its pretty cool. I like the look of the ones on my friends supra. what I want to know is if we can drive with them on. oh and what mods do you guys suggest? I dont want a loud car and im pretty happy with the power im getting now but wouldnt mind more grunt, however I still want the smooth ride.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Jaeyon

You want more grunt from a standard T and you are 17...Look at the news everynight mate...Surggest you go to a driving course or something....HP x young drivers....WRONG.

Cowie

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

It's a bit harsh to be issuing the stereotypical comments don't you think?

Truth be known I probably had more sence when I was 17 than half the clowns on this forum do now. I have no idea what experience Jaeyon has, but at least give the bloke the benefit of doubt.