Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Powered by Ford's 3.7 V6 = Zoom Zoom Zoom!
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Tweed Heads
Posted

If it was wog tuned with the exhaust you would not have any problems.........however id expect a std T to overboost with your exhaust?

It was wog tuned BEFORE removing the rear muffler, but I accept that this still would have helped :laughing:

Clarke

  • Like 1
  • Powered by Ford's 3.7 V6 = Zoom Zoom Zoom!
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Tweed Heads
Posted
so do the twin hotdogs just bolt straight up where the centre muffler was ?

Yes they do, if made up right, it can be reverted back to standard centre muffler at any given time,with only 4 bolts. :laughing:

However I dont think anyone would ever want too :fool:

Clarke

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

As nang3 said earlier he is getting it done this weekend... I'm waiting to see how he goes with pricing etc.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 6d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I thought the cat was the restriction so changing anything after that doesn't matter??

only when the cat is changed u will overboost im pretty sure..

correct me if im wrong!

  • 12" member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 5d
  • Location: Perth WA
Posted
Anyone out there done the 'deed' with an F6??  I.e. centre muffler change or rear muffler?

Txs

yeh I *should* be getting mine done tomorrow morning depending on how busy they are - being my mates business, full paying customers usually get priority when times short :spoton: .. which is fair enough haha

hey steve do u know if the T exhaust is identical to the phoon?

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Kieran: You are correct mate, the centre muffler replacement should change very little about the flow characteristics of the stock exhaust. It's something I wish to get done to get a better sound. It's also handy when you DO upgrade the stock cat as once the cat restriction is gone the next point to restrict will be the centre muffler... then it will make a good combination.

Ross: I dunno mate, I'm assuming there is a difference probably in the Cat... but without having a look I have NFI. Where/when you going on saturday mate? Might come have a look while she's on the hoist.

  • 12" member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 5d
  • Location: Perth WA
Posted
Kieran: You are correct mate, the centre muffler replacement should change very little about the flow characteristics of the stock exhaust. It's something I wish to get done to get a better sound. It's also handy when you DO upgrade the stock cat as once the cat restriction is gone the next point to restrict will be the centre muffler... then it will make a good combination.

Ross: I dunno mate, I'm assuming there is a difference probably in the Cat... but without having a look I have NFI. Where/when you going on saturday mate? Might come have a look while she's on the hoist.

sorry mate, only just got round to checking this thread !!!

well a bit of letdown - my mates new exhaust guy is more of a part-time contractor type so doesnt have much of a clue re turbo exhausts or pretty much anything :msm: .

he reckoned it would cost about $160 to remove the centre muffler and replace with straight pipes which is excessive IMO, esp when for a few $$$ more premade hotdog solutions are available as per DAVO61's post earlier this thread..

One interesting thing though, I went up to APC up the road who have done exhausts for me before, and had a long chat with one of the guys up there..

According to him they have done numerous exhaust setups on NON-EDITED T's, phoons and tornados with none going into overboost/limp mode ?????

Im going to post a thread in the mods section re this and see what turns up, wouldnt mind being able to have a nice exhaust on my non-edited F6 and then later on get it tuned properly etc

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: New Zealand
Posted

Its reasonably simple - a standard car will go into limp mode if it is boosting higher than the ignition and fuel maps can deliver to.

If you get an aftermarket exhaust on a standard car, and it doesnt go into overboost - that suggests that the exhaust is not significantly better flowing.

An exhaust that pushes overboost must be flowing better / less restriction.

On a tuned car - the amount of boost is higher, and in some cases the protection factor isnt there as much - so wont overboost as easily.

Obviously the center muffler on its own isnt enough of a change to do too much.

My plan:

1. Edit (Wog tunes)

2. Centre Muffler

3. Clutch

4. Bigger Intercooler, Dump Pipe, Injectors and Tune (all at once)

In that order - but over a long term probably.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...