Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 23d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Mine broke. Had it replaced under warranty. It appears to be a common problem according to my dealer.

  • Good for nothing member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 8d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

they usually snap off the bottom of the fuse box

  • FPV521
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 27d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I broke mine as well. I hoped in the car one day and my foot connected with it (Just) and that was that. It did slip back in though

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 10m 22d
Posted

Oh well, had a quick look at it last night and looks as though it has snapped away from the cable release part.

Booked it in for tomorrow for Ford to take a look at it. Getting them to look at the stereo as well. The button on the dash to change up and down tracks pops out depending on what angle you push it.

This is pretty sad in my opinion. This is the first car I have ever owned that has a plastic bonnet release. All other cars have been a solid steel / metal unit.

It's a shame they cut corners to make a profit instead of building a qualty product.

My Warranty runs out in Oct. Does anyone know if it is too late too extend it? I can see more things like this happening in the future...

  • 11 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted

hay guys..... has any 1 had the cable that releases the bonnet come off the handle under the dash?? it happened to me today... been at it for about 1hour and still cant sort it.

I unclipped the handle and tried to pull the cable through with some pliers to give my self a litttle extra cable to try and clip it back under.... and well its not working

any help would be great....

cheers

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted (edited)

mods can you allow me to edit my post??? (the first post that is)

Edited by Jmpin
  • Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The 8th Dimension
Posted

just type in your new text and I or another mod will edit it for you.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 11m 13d
Posted

this happened to me when I my battery went flat last year, friday the 13th aswell...

I took it to ford who fixed it for me, I was able to pull the cable hard enough with pliers to pop the bonnet

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 3d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I'm having my Third one replaced today... They are weak and tend to break espcially if it gets hot..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...