Bonnet Release **merged Topic**

• The Thief of BadGags
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 18d

Went to check under the bonnet yesterday to find out what's in there, and what all the fuss is about, and it would seem I have a problem opening the bonnet. The lever and the cable have separated from each other.

Performing upside down manoeuvres in my front seat (boy did that bring back memories), I was able to stick my head under the dash and found the cable and "lead sinker" still intact....but no longer attached to the lever that you pull. I tried to see how they "click" back together but the eyesight is not what it once was. ( Mumma always said I'd go blind if I didn't stop ). I might have had a better chance of seeing how they go back together if the brake and accelerator pedals weren't jammed into the back of my head....silly place to put them if you ask me ( why didn't they shove them on the passenger side out of the way ).

I was able to yank on the cable and "sinker" with a pair of long nose pliers which then released the bonnet so there is nothing wrong with the cable.

Anyway....can anyone offer advice on whether or not it is an easy fix, or should I just take my brm brm back to the dealer and let THEM perform yoga under my dashboard.

• In Your Face
  • Member For: 21y 1m 11d

Gaza just take it back to the dealer and let them fix for ya.............this happened to me the day after l picked mine up :censored: it only took them 30 min to fix :censored:

• Member For: 19y 1m 25d

Yep - Mine too... took it to dealer and they fixed it on the spot. Get it fixed

ASAP as the cable is pretty close to accelerator and the last thing you want is

for it to get tangled up while your driving along!!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 23d

I received mine back like this after the edit. I only foubd it the next day when I went to F.I.S.T. for the independent dyno run. :spoton:

Told Jeff (the legend that he is) about it and he had it fixed in 5 minutes flat. :spoton:

Jeff, could you let the guys know how to fix this. :ermm:

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 28d

If you slide the pivot pin out of the handle you can refit the cable.

But the problem is that one spring on the catch is to strong and this pulls the cable out.

If you look at the catch you will see the lever that the cable attaches to has a spring on it I just streched the spring a bit all ok now.

Ian

• Member For: 19y 4m 10d

I had that POS break like 3 times on my old Mk1 XR. Could have fixed it myself one of the times, but twice the plastic actually snapped/cracked.

Every time I open the bonnet to check my current oil burner I just wait for it not to release, so far so good :kissmy:

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 4m 4d

same, mine's gone 3 times. Tell your dealer to lube the steel cable. helps alot.

• Member For: 20y 4m

Hi, just bump it forward with the palm of your hand then push the plastic pin out refit the sinker :kissmy: back in the handle replace the spring and plastic pin,pratice makes perfect as have done it a few times now only 5 minutes to fix,new ones cost $28.00 cable and all,sh*t plastic :spoton: