-
Posts
111 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Jmpin
-
Hey yeah as I said I don't mind the car having a drink when I feed it, but drinking it all the time is the thing that gets me, on average I get 450km out of a tank, I drive sedately 80% of the time with the family on board, but still enjoy the power of my xr6t so would find it very hard to step into something 'normal' or boring... and the fg be it the f6 or the T just looks like the most logical choice. ticks all the boxes except fuel. I know power and economy don't go together... any one else with a bog stocker???
-
Hi guys just wanted to find out what people are getting in their FG f6's auto or manual.... on highway, city and mixed. my current BA turbo (4 speed auto) does 18L/100 town, 14L/100 mix, 10L/highway. I can live with poor fuel round town but 18L doing the shopping run is a little steep to me. cheers
-
@timetaker how did you get it for such a good price? what options do you have? what state etc. cant be NSW with all the taxs and sh*t. would love to buy one, just cant part with 50+k at the moment. the BA turbo will have to do for a bit longer.
-
Hi guys, just wanted to know if anyone else has had heater problems with there BAs or BFs? I have a BA turbo and the other day I went to turn the de mister on only to find out I had no hot air. I checked the heater hoses running into the firewall, both where hot... indicating to me no blockage. I have been told there is a plastic linking rod of some sort that moves the flap from cold to open and that this could be broken, has anyone had this or a similar problem with a different fix? any help would be great. Cheers
-
well I will just have to try it and see.... to bad no one is scabby nowra is thirsty...
-
so I was told the standard offset is +36 at the front.... and FPV's have staggered off set at the rear something like +25.... does that sound right? if that's the case I am only fighting 2mm.
-
they are Dropstars DS02 20"x8.5"... not big dish just have a phat lip. just over 3.5in deep. sorry not the buest pics for the wheel but it will help some 1 recognise it anyway
-
Hi guys... bit of a left field topic here. I am on the search for a FPV owner that is thirsty enough (in exchange for some beer) to let me try my wheels on there car.... I need to find out if my wheels fit over the brembos as I am looking at upgrading to the 4 pot fronts.. back brembos are not too much of a concern but would be nice to check for the future... im in Nowra which is about 2 hours south of sydney or about 1 hour south of the gong. Cheers
-
the only white police cars in my area are the divy vans, or as some might say the paddy wagons. all the VE ss commos and falcon xr are crazy colours, green red, blue.... and these are fully marked cars. this is in a town of 30 odd thousand too. I spotted a bunch of F6 typhoons in the easten suburbs of sydney the other day that where all Unmarked cars, all metallic colours, gold, green, blue, orange... it was crazy must have been 5 or 6 there.
-
why do you say it must be used with the edit... or do you mean if you dont have a flash tune it will not work??? sorry if that sounds retarted
-
must be a both shell and caltex that are bad because I filled up at a caltex before the tune friday then at a shell (a whole tank) monday morning before the tune. the fuel pump can come later down the track is all im saying... no I have not done the boost solenoid maintenance, where is it and what do I have to do???
-
bosch 968's, no fuel pump... but I dont need it for what im running... car was full with v-power!
-
custom tunes that only have you on the dyno for 1 of them, then the others get edited on the computer and expected to work... who else is having the problems and are they all BA's? or BF's?
-
I just spoke to the tuner this morning about my trip home, they just keep telling me there is nothing wrong with the tune, "we did 4 other cars like your on friday and your is the only one having problem" thanks that means the world to me.... if I had the money I think I would just take it somewhere else to get done... and if they fixed it, I would be off to consumer affairs, as the issue is a by product of the tune... it has to be!
-
so do you think its a gear box problem??? or the way the computer tells the gear box to deliver the power? how did you fix it? get a better tuner? .....and to top it all off, the gear box started, straight after the "retune" not dropping in to over drive... so now I get to sit on 3 grand on the highway..
-
its strong as in first gear, and on the dyno it was strong... the power is there, it just is not smooth once you shift gears.... and the boost starts is climb. the car made 271rwkw repeatably yesterday, just is terrible on the road
-
not that I have been lead to believe, as the actuator is more a fail safe.... last resort to vent the excess boost, the 12psi means they guarantee it will hold that pressure.... the computer controls the boost anyway. in the car with a stock actuator and before it was flash tuned it ran 7psi because I had a haltech intereptor... not boost issues what so ever... just didnt go real hard. the the car got flashed to 9psi.... the actuator was as solid as a rock on the dyno and it made 260rwkw, then I drove the car home, sh*t house could not put your foot down with out it bouncing the boost from 5psi to 10psi and it was about as smooth as a cats tongue. so I called 'em up.... actuator must be that.... ok so after another 2 hour drive to sydney and a whole day off.... the actuator was changed and re "tuned" ( I use it very lightly as I have less and less confidence now) 271rwkw, solid as, went for a test drive, sh*t... the car made you wobble back n forth with every big acceleration. then for the next 5 hours they changed almost everything to find the fault.... with no luck. the torque management got switched on and off, the throttle position was changed, the whole dam throttle body was changed... then cloing time came after a very stressful day, and I drove home with the sh*ts and a big bill, and no way ahead.
-
the exhaust is stock, except I had the centre muffler cut out... was going to look at doing the cat and dump pipe.... but these latest issues make me feel like its going to f*ck something else with every mod made...
-
Hay guys got a problem with my BA xr6t... 4 speed auto first a bit of back ground. - the actuator has been replaced with a 12psi item - the valve springs are done - the injectors are upgraded - has a monza style intercooler - has UBP, hotside piping -has been supposably custom tuned. something else to point out is the coils have been replaced, the plugs have been replaced and re-gapped, and its been on and off the dyno all day friday and today (monday). the tunes also dont seem to follow what hey are meant to, what I mean is my economy tune that was meant to be for towing (meant to run 5psi) runs almost the same as my high power tune (which is 12psi), having boost climb from when I first put my foot down. all tunes boost up real hard and smooth, then from say 2-3 and 3-4 gear the boost just builds and builds and surges up and down.... this is not smooth boost! this was eliminated a great deal by doing the actuator... but has not fixed the problem. any ideas would be great, as the tuner cant sort it out and it is one of the forum sponsors but that's all I'll say. seems to me that the car does not know what boost its running.... maybe the boost sensor in the UB pipe or something, just an idea as nothing has worked yet!
-
I cant agree with alot of the comments being made..... I have wog cooler, injectors, heavy duty valve springs, custom tune that has boost serge from 5-10psi! if I dont replace the acuator I cant drive the car on boost cause its a dog.... so not always a cat and dump are first on the list, but hey will be next.........
-
interesting... my actuator seems to be failing at a crappy 9psi... the car just bleed boost... the tuner said I would only need a 10psi actuator (as an upgrade) and it would be good for 15-16psi not that I want to run much more than say 12psi...
-
Group Buy: Plazmaman Plenums - $1090 plus
Jmpin replied to RAP1D's topic in Classifieds & Group Buys
[quote name='RAP1D' post='785197' date='Dec 12 2008, 02:02 PM']Hey Guys, I can run a Group Buy on Plazmaman Plenums, if there's close to 15 confirmed orders. Prices will be... Raw finsh........................... $1095.........save $374 Powder Coated................... $1125.........save $385 Mirror Polished....................$1225.........save $345[/quote] Hay RAP1D, just wanted to know if i gave you a deposit could i have 1 on hold at this good price... and pay like at the end of January or something? -
Group Buy - Hid Kits - $150 Including shipping Oz wide
Jmpin replied to senna_T's topic in Classifieds & Group Buys
[quote name='Adam' post='775976' date='Nov 26 2008, 11:10 PM']So the globe is still a low/high beam or is it single element?[/quote] SENNA yeah... what happens with the high beem lights... can you mod them to HID also? and also SENNA can you post a picture of the HID and high beem on together to see the difference in colour WHITE/YELLOW effect.... cheers
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.