Jump to content

With all the information about the performance of the Typhoon, would you cancel your order and sacrifice the $1000 deposit and get another car?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 2d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I've been thinking about cancelling my order for the Typhoon after hearing all these negative comments about the Typhoons inability to perform. I'm curious to know what others would do in my situation.

Thanks.

  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Lemming No #5
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria
Posted

it dosent matter what other ppl think about your car.

its your car and u buy it for your own use and if u plan on modding the car later down the track you will have a ball-tearer. I also believe once the typhoon motor loosens up it will perform a little better they just have a few teething problems at the moment but give it time

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 2d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I bought the typhoon because I thought it would be fast stock standard. I.e. a match for the VZ HSV. I don't want to void warranty and insurance so it's gotta be fast stock standard.

If the Typhoon is not quicker than XR6T then I'm better off saving my 15K and getting the XR6T.

I'm hoping you are right about the motor losening up. Thanks for the advice.

  • FG Falcon fan!
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

Well, at best the Typhoon will be 0.1s quicker than a manual XR6T, I.e. about 14.0 for the quarter mile.

While it may be 270kW...its got an extra 60kg...

Still looks the part though.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 15d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I would just to give ford their wakeup call.

FORD WAAAAAAAAKKEEE UPPPPPPPPP YOU ARE A LAUGHING STOCK.

  • 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

I still think that a T is better value then then Typhoon. XR6T with lux pack and something like the APS Phase 2!

But then again that's just what I think and everyone has a different opinion.

Good luck!

  • Formerly Turbo6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 28d
  • Location: North Brisbane
Posted

I will not be buying one now. Simple.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 21d
  • Location: Mexico
Posted

A lot of F6 bashing going on.

I agree that FPV have made a p*iss poor effort lately and need to tidy it up before it gets any worse.

If your going to buy the first release of any new model then you can expect some issues. At least the F6 has the benefit of all the knowledge gathered from resolving XR6T issues.

My brother purchased one of the very first XR6T's when they were first released, and what a dog of a car it was. Problems with power steering, squeaks, rattles...etc, all been fixed by ford. Now a few years on the quality of the build is much better. In a few months, all the F6 bashing will become ancient history.

The F6 is clearly a better ride to own than the XR6T both from its looks and engineering. The performance question remains unanswered as far as I'm concerned because on paper the F6 is quicker. Surely the 0-100 @ 6.40 sec and 0-400m - [email protected]/h taken by Motor are just anomalies - who know what the condition of the test car is!

The question is the extra coin needed to get in one. If you can afford it, stick with it.

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Where's the extra weight in the F6?

I wonder what would be the difference between a T and an F6 if they were both the same weight and tyres etc (and colour if you're pedantic... red goes faster you know)

It just doesnt sound right... why would a car that's $15000 more to buy give the same performance as its 'little' brother? I can appreciate it's looks and I see it has better bits in it, but it doesnt make sense...

Still confused... :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...