Jump to content

Romulus

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    1,279
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    9

Everything posted by Romulus

  1. Listening to his interviews, he must have been believing it was his god given right to win Bathurst in memory of Brock. I feel sorry for Jack Perkins; can't say the same thing about Skaife. It couldn't have been more fitting for Lowndes to win, and if I'm not mistaken, Brock raced Sierra's too
  2. #22 out as well. Can't say I'm sad about this, I hope Lowndes wins. Shame about Bright's car though. Heck, any Ford win will be a good one
  3. I had a tube and fin on my XR6T, but opted for a bar and plate unit for the F6. Rule of thumb, tube and fin provide more flow but less cooling efficiency, opposite for the bar and plate. Bar and plate is probably better for street use provided it is of good construction and had plenty of capacity. The cooler I'm currently using is a 450X450X100mm ASE unit, plenty of capacity for what I need.
  4. 3 weeks huh. If so it should be a good meet. Hope to get mine there on a WAW for a few practice runs.....
  5. Ring CAPA.
  6. I walked through their workshop today and eyed off the new BFII's. There's no noticeable visual differences on the XR BFII compared to the BF, however the XT's etc are different. They looked like the VZ Commodores with the new bonnet. I like the front lights and bar, look quite good. The XT I saw had the ZF 6 speed too
  7. Goes the same as what it did with higher boost with the stocker then?
  8. Viewing profile:Lisa User's local time Oct 5 2006, 11:26 PM Total Cumulative Posts 7 ( 0 posts per day / 0.00% of total forum posts ) Most active in Chit Chat ( 7 posts / 100% of this member's active posts ) Last Active 3rd November 2005 - 09:57 AM Status (Offline) Don't think she'll be replying soon
  9. Who's been trolling through the archives Tab, are you baf?
  10. Throw in an actuator and I'd say 300-330rwkw would be possible, dependant on quality of exhaust and intercooler. I'd go something bigger than the 42# injectors too - probably 60# considering they're all around the same price.
  11. Probably not something to be proud of considering these cars are capable of running high 10's on the stock bottom end. Something serious obviously went wrong; what exactly have you done to the car? Exhaust & cat mods, plus tune and injectors?
  12. Is this true? Every spec I've seen says Xr6T weighs 1690-1720kg, F6 1805kg! How can all that additional equipment, bigger wheels, brakes, sound system only add 20kg. Anyway irrespective of weights, do you notice any difference. Motor and Wheels are always saying how you can feel the extra lard of the Xr8 over Xr6T and my understanding was XR8 and F6 are similar weight. Cheers ← Yes it's true, I'd have no reason to not tell the truth. My T did have premium brakes and premium audio, however I cannot see that adding any significant weight. The suspension package I ran in the T I now run in the F6, so handling is identical except for the difference in tyres.
  13. What tyres and suspension setup are you using?
  14. The extra weight is a bit of a myth. My MkII XR6T sedan weighed 1760kgs, the F6 Typhoon weighs 1780kgs. Both weights taken with a full tank, no driver or passenger, spares etc all in place.
  15. Sounds like you should be giving blueboost a call.
  16. Yeah, full credit to Sydney for being 2 points short of winning Go the mighty Eagles
  17. You can generally seperate the genuine folk from the bullsh!t artists by asking them what mph and 60ft time they ran......they either give you an answer that would backup their claim or waffle on Most people who run quick et's know their 60ft time mph r/t etc.
  18. Well done David. That's a fantastic effort. Must be a record for a stock engine/trans combo
  19. Well done Dave. By the looks of your signature you have track results to backup your efforts too As I've been told by many people I meet, big dyno numbers were a great deal 5 odd years ago. The challenge now is to get the quickest et with the lowest rwhp figure. A good setup is worth more than an extra 100rwhp. MPH looks good, but it's et that counts.
  20. Cool. I'm still hoping someone comes up with an alternative to Advantage/edit just for competition's sake. It'd come with its own learning curve for tuners of course, but I've seen enough of VCM/HP tuners, to hope that it one day comes our way. Actually, given its already the main LS1/LS2/L76 tuning tool, the 'familiarity' learning curve would be greatly reduced for those that already use it on the red army's machines. VCM has realtime tuning using the stock ECU now too, and their 'user tuning forums' are unreal..... Sorry for the thread hijack - back over to you ← SCT Advantage is like LS1 Edit was for the GENIII's going back 6 years ago. I remember a group of us offloading $12k for the software back then, and although it did work, it was primative compared to the current tuning software. Slow upload from the pcm (12 minute read/2-3 minute write), and extremely unstable data transfer - especially on utes. I know of plenty of ute pcm's that were fried with ls1 edit. When the likes of Flashscan and VCM Suite became available not only did the product improve but the cost came down significantly. Surely I'm not the only one with the dealer software for private use. Having said that, I do tune the occasional car here and there, but not on a commercial level, so consider it to be a hobby more than anything else.
  21. $4k on the F6 to get it to 350 rwkw. However, I carried over a lot of gear from my XR6T.
  22. Definately a worthwhile mod. Like I've posted in other threads, the difference in handling with the suspension setup I run (King 520/310 springs, Bilstein shocks and adjustable F/R swaybars) compared to stock is like chalk and cheese. The car now handles like it should have from the factory.
  23. I'd buy VCM if it was avail for Fords... oh wait C'moooon Joctober! Are CAPA still charging $600 for upgrades that dont work? Kudos to those that have had the plumbs to buy the full package though, I've heard it can be a bit of tough love at times re: upgrades/support. ← I think the $600 was for the V3 upgrade for existing dealers, but don't know what the cost is now. I've been told $900-$1200, depending on the day of the week and who I spoke to. I've seen it, and in my opinion it's not worth upgrading to for what I need.
  24. Ok. They all look the same for me. But you are correct, the 3 weighs approximately 1415kgs and the 6 weighs approximately 1640kgs.
  25. You'd have got her attention, and police attendance to sort the problem if you waived a gun at her Fuggen pre-paid fuel system is a pain in the arse.
×
×
  • Create New...