Jump to content

.Stripes.

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    8,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    93

Everything posted by .Stripes.

  1. Do ittttttttttttttttttt!
  2. Nah, Microsoft changed their mind about that (and a bunch of other things) after there was such an uproar after the announcement at E3. You can unplug the kinect and play on as usual if you like.
  3. Spew. Yeah I finish at 5:30pm, but I'll still be in the middle of the desert...and will need to blow 0.000 at 5:30am the next morning.
  4. This is my ride. Not the greatest photo, but you get the idea. Haven't taken it to WAW yet, but I can tell you it's a damn site quicker than my XR6T haha
  5. ^ Same thing I did for Christmas yesterday, working
  6. As above, anyone got an Xbox One? Thoughts? Since getting mine I really haven't had a huge amount of time to really sit down and get stuck into the games. I think I've played all up about an hour of Black Flag, an hour of Forza, played a few hours of Ghosts multiplayer and haven't even started Battlefield 4 yet. Something I'm not overly stoked about is the Xbox Live Party setup. I found the xbox 360 setup much more intuitive and easier to use, not to mention party chat came on by default when you joined a party. Oh and the fact that Ghosts requires certain ports to be opened on your router setup, otherwise your NAT settings inside the game stay at Strict...would be rad if I knew the password to get into my router... I'm actually rather looking forward to TitanFall and Watch Dogs, both these games look pretty bawler.
  7. I'm intrigued by this game. I think it could be great if they do it right.
  8. From my experience I can definitely tell you it's worth shopping around when it comes to keys and locksmiths. When I got my car I only got one key...previous owner "couldn't find" the original spare...which I call BS given he owned the car since new...but I digress. I ended up replacing all key barrels and got two flip keys for the new locks. Bought the lock set (new barrels and keys) and remote from ebay and took it all to SAS locksmith in Perth to replace all the barrels and code the keys. Cost $500 all up for everything.
  9. Had some PDR work done on my bonnet and drivers side doors. Little bit of cracking on the bonnet, was what we expected given the position of the dent (right on a crease line in the bonnet), but no peeling or anything major. The front end could do with a respray at some stage anyway, so it'll do. At least there's no dents anymore, ruined the lines of the car before!
  10. I answered this for GeGe6 via pm, but for anyone else who might be interested to know my experience I'll post it here too. Firstly, I can highly recommend anyone with any diff related issues or questions to speak to Mel from WA diff centre. The guy knows what he's on about about doesn't spin lots of BS. Honest bloke who genuinely wants to see you happy. I had my diff rebuilt by them with a TrueTrac added and all new seals and bearings. Since having it rebuilt my diff is as quiet as a mouse. No whining, even with a solid centre diff bush. The TrueTrac is a nice bit of kit, feels nice and smooth...but I think I'd be lying if I said I've noticed a night and day difference between it and the standard lsd. My standard lsd always hooked up fine. So take that how you will, and others experience may differ, but I'm definitely happy with the work I had done at WA diff centre.
  11. Speaking of diff's, anyone interested in buying my old diff centre (lsd) off me? I put in a TrueTrac so don't have any further use for it. It's in great condition, open to genuine offers.
  12. Yep, I'd check your diff bushes mate. The standard ones from Ford are rubbish and fail regularly. Is your car an auto or manual?
  13. I'd actually be pretty interested in doing that to compare. Since my last post I've been in contact with Scott from Fulcrum and was told that their bushes are designed to be used in a set (when I bought the bushes it was suggested I could run a solid centre and get away with comfort outriggers to minimise NVH), and that the comfort series bushes are really more for a Nanna car that's driven sedately, no offense to those of you running comforts and drive your car hard, just what I was told. He said in a car like mine (manual, plans for more power) I should be running the competition outrigger bushes as well as the competition centre. Just waiting for him to get back to me now to hopefully organise with WA Suspensions to get them changed out. Fingers crossed he comes through! I'd like to go on one of the future cruises if I'm in Perth when it's on. I read in the cruise thread you were thinking of doing one next weekend, which I'd be in Perth for but unfortunately already have a massively busy break planned with Christmas etc. All else fails mate feel free to flick me a PM and I'm sure we could organise a time to catch up and do the old switcheroo.
  14. Just to throw my 2c in about OCDetailing. I had Adam (the old owner) detail my XR6T when I got it and it came up amazing! I can also tell you that I completely trust the new owner of OCDetailing (Dale, from Precision Auto Detailing). Dale was trained by Adam and used to help Adz out with some larger jobs. Dale was recommended to me by Adam and also detailed my old car for me before I sold it, did a fantastic job and is a great bloke too! I couldn't believe how well it came up, given it was a POS magna. I don't actually have any of the photos of the Magna handy, but here's some of the Falcon after Adz had his way with it.
  15. Development! So after pulling out the comfort series centre diff bush (which I now know to be older, softer style) I found out why my thud was back! Good news is that after my diff rebuild and now having put the solid centre bush back in my diff whine is gone! Success! However, I now know that my outrigger diff bushes are the older style comfort series bush, which are known to be problematic with manuals, and I'm pretty sure is the cause of the remaining noise I hear, sounds like the diff nosing up during gear changes...lame.
  16. Karnyge, I can see how it would be so easy to spend a massive wad of cash trying to fix all the niggles with the driveline on these things. Definitely hadn't planned on doing any of this when I originally bought the car. Figured I'd just spend a few grand on some go-fast bits...nek minnit... Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
  17. Cheers Luke, I'll give that a crack. Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
  18. Yeah well it's fairly easy to take one super pro out and put another super pro in, can just use the bolt to lever it out without having to drop the cradle, so if it is still really noisy with the solid then it's easy enough to put the comfort one back in. What bush are you running now? Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
  19. I'm currently running a super pro comfort centre diff bush. When I'm back next break my mechanic is going to pull it out and put the solid super pro bush back in so we can see the difference. When I had it in previously there was a decent whine translating through to the cabin, so I'm hoping having the diff rebuild will help with this...time will tell though I guess. Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
  20. So after running the car on a hoist and putting the gearbox in and out of gear (while keeping the clutch flat to the floor) we could see the tailshaft torque up when it was put into gear and release again when it went back into neutral. The thud/clunk was noticeable inside the car as this was happening. What would be the go in this case? New clutch and slave cylinder time?
  21. I've owned a manual 2010 FG XR50 Turbo for a couple of months now and I've had a bit of a saga with the car so far. Diff bush was shagged (got the usual thud when backing off after WOT and between hard gearchanges), so I got ALL the bushes changed in both the front and the rear (that's not overkill, right?) to Super Pro bushes (except the control blade bushes...they forgot to do those somehow), with comfort series outer diff bushes and a solid centre bush, as advised by Pat from Wholesale Suspensions due to the car being a manual. I also got some Teins fitted while I was at it (Thanks Pat!). Once I got the car back the original thud was gone, but now I noticed my diff was whining and there was a clunk coming from the back somewhere. Chucked the car up on a mates hoist and noticed that there was oil leaking from one of the side seals in the diff and that the attached halfshaft had a bit of play in it that would make the same clunk I could hear from inside the car. So off to WA Diff Centre and had my diff rebuilt with all new bearings and seals and a Harrop TrueTrac centre. I was worried about the whinning still being there so got a little carried away and got the to change out my solid centre diff bush for a comfort series bush just incase, they also fitted up the Super Pro comfort series control blade bushes for me that the suspension place forgot to install. Now that I have the car back the whining and clunk from the diff is gone but the original thud is back, albeit not as bad as previously. In hindsight I really should have just stuck with the solid centre to see how much difference there was with the rebuilt diff, as now I don't have a direct comparison. Could this just be an issue with running the comfort series centre with a manual? Is it worth throwing the solid centre bush back in to see if it gets rid of the thud, and just hope the whining and clunk don't come back? Also, today I noticed a noise I've never heard before. I was sitting at a red light and when I pressed in the clutch and put the car into first gear I heard and felt a clunk from somewhere in the driveline (whether it was from the gearbox or from the rear I can't be sure). This clunk was NOT there before, even with the solid centre diff bush. I can replicate this noise most times and I found it's more pronounced if putting the car into 2nd gear when not moving and keeping the clutch to the floor. Any ideas what this could possibly be? When I had the car serviced a couple of months ago I was told by the mechanic that the clutch slave cylinder is on its way out...is there any way that could be starting to get worse and causing the clunk with the gearbox? (this probably shows how unmechanically minded I am). The only other thing to note about the car is that it clunks rather loudly from the front (gearbox?) when maneuvering at low speed. My housemate came out while I was reversing into the driveway a few weeks ago and commented on how loud and clunky it was outside the car. From what I've read in other threads this seems fairly normal for these cars?
  22. Well the diff on my FG XR6T needed new bearings and seals this week so figured I'd get a Harrop Truetrac centre put in while they had everything apart. Supply and fitting of the TrueTrac was $2,250 at WA Diff Centre. Mine ended up costing nearly $3k as they reco'd the diff, put all new seals and bearings in and fitted up my Super Pro control blade bushes for me while they were at it.
  23. Haha, all good. Pretty sure it was a custom job from the previous owner. It's got XB GT scoops in it, about all he told me really...
  24. Hey guys, I'm looking at getting some Teins and a full super pro bush kit (everything front and rear) for my FG XR6T and was just wondering if there's anyone in Perth with a setup like this that would be happy enough to take me for a spin to give me an idea how it feels with the coilovers and bushes done? Cheers, Dan
  25. Anyone? Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4
×
×
  • Create New...