Jump to content

.Stripes.

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    8,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    93

Everything posted by .Stripes.

  1. The Aeroflow lever was longer, but the throw felt shorter...overall I preferred the feel of the Aeroflow.
  2. I didn't find the Mal Wood shifter actually cut the shift distance down THAT much on mine. It did make the shift a little more positive and less notchy though. I've driven a car the same as mine with one of the Aeroflow short shifters and the throw on that is shorter and felt really nice, although the actual lever sticks up higher.
  3. Morning all.
  4. Hmmmm, here's to hoping I haven't glazed my new clutch then
  5. That looks pretty rad dags! Cheers for the heads up.
  6. I was advised it's more about not riding the clutch, as opposed to not giving it throttle after clutch is out...?
  7. Mine does the same. Did it with the old clutch too, just more prominent with the new one. I was told it's just the gearbox rattling a bit, nothing bad apparently?
  8. I wouldn't be able to make a Feb cruise, I'll be too busy snowboarding :-) first weekend in March would work for me though.
  9. Do you mean don't let it compression lock the rears? If so I've adjusted my driving to suit, so that it doesn't do it.
  10. ^ this. The guys who fitted mine suggested taking it easy for 600-800 kms, but Mal himself has suggested 2000 kms...so I'll just be taking it easy for a while, no launches or burnouts. But yeah, the extra bite is that hard mine has compression locked the rears if I don't blip the throttle on a decent down shift. The original clutch never did that.
  11. Still running in my new option 3+ but liking it so far. I've done about 400kms on it and it's loosened a little and seems to be no more unpleasant to use than the factory clutch, but bites a heck of a lot harder!
  12. Might not be the issue as yours, but my creaking was caused by my front swaybar D-bushes. Suspension mob pulled them off and cleaned them up, emmery'd the swaybar a little, put a different type of grease on the bushes then bolted it all back up and she's all quiet again...for now...
  13. How good do these make the rear feel if you're giving it stick out of a corner Steve!
  14. Dippers
  15. In the last couple of days I've got a new clutch (mal wood option 3+) and drained my diff oil and replaced it with some Redline Heavy Shockproof oil. Seems to have made things a little quieter.
  16. Was only to the speed limit...
  17. Haha yeah, I just meant in terms of shift pattern. I read above about it being an auto box. Looks like you've put in a whole lot of effort, good to see :-)
  18. Seems somewhat like the rally car gearboxes...if I was building a racer that would definitely be the way I'd go. Well played sir, well played!
  19. That gearbox is rad!
  20. Ah yeah, sounds about right from when I spoke to Final Drive about them.
  21. Thanks Luke, Tim reckoned the shafts were ok, as that was his initial thought...curious Hmmmm interesting toady. I guess it may end up being something I just end up having to live with. How much did he charge you for the 1400hp shafts/CV's? I'm heading to Niseko on the 31st of Jan and leaving to come back to Perth on the 16th of Feb. Just miss each other.
  22. Haha I knew that was coming from you Luke! You were right. I find it interesting that after I had the diff rebuilt with the truetrac it was quiet, but then started doing it after I'd done a few burnouts (on private property, of course)...could I have f#cked something in the diff by being too hard on it too early? Or possibly just the crappy oil they used for the run-in period...which is still in there? After having a good chat with Tim Slako about it I ended up sticking with the option 3+ in the end. As you said, both are great clutches and Tim was convinced the option 5 would be overkill for my application, as well as needing a couple weeks or so to have one built. Plus I'm going snowboarding in Japan in 2 weeks, so the extra money will help with that.
  23. Have to run it in for 600-800kms Tim reckoned. Feels good, initially felt heavy but I'd say that's more because my old clutch had gone light and the release point is much closer to the floor with this clutch. Easy to live with and has plenty of bite. No clutch kicks yet. Turns out that clunk when you put it into gear is still there, Tim reckons it's coming from the actual diff, says it's play where the halfshafts fit up. It only started doing that after I'd done some burnouts after having the truetrac fitted...It does still have the run-in oil still in it though, so Tim is suggesting we might try putting in some Redline Shockproof heavy gear oil to see if it makes it any quieter...
  24. @unclewal how'd you go with the option 3+ at the drags mate?
×
×
  • Create New...