Jump to content

neotim

Member
  • Posts

    276
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by neotim

  1. Finally fixed just picked it up from Ford the problem was with the battery as it had low voltage.. Apparently the computer shuts the engine down if there is not enough voltage going to it. Will be getting a bigger battery as I have HIDs, gauges and a big amp running off the standard battery which obviously didn't cope
  2. This just happened to my car I tried checking to see if it was due to a flat battery but that wasn't the case.. Mine had to get towed to Ford it's there at the moment getting looked at
  3. It's not the battery.. Had it checked at battery world this morning. I had to get it towed to ford
  4. Definitely don't have warranty still.. It has a ton of mods. Could it be a low battery?
  5. I have a 2011 FG xr6t ute, been driving it most of the day and came home. When I had to go out again I turned on the car, it started then just turned itself off? Every time I try start it now it comes up with vehicle immobilised and "security code error" on the ICC and the car just won't start. Any one had this happen before? I tried resetting the battery but it still doesn't start..
  6. yeah 17th sounds good I'm keen
  7. I plan to do mine soon too mate but you have to remove that metal brace inside the guards. Chris (mummba) did his himself and said it was a piece of piss you just gotta remove all the spot welds and it comes out
  8. He did the tune and 80 pound injectors Mark
  9. Tunnel run for sure! Shotgun passenger seat
  10. I've got a 5" high flow cat with the centre muffler removed and replaced with twin pipes. Sounds awesome when under boost, can be a little droney at times but overall a really good note. Mines a manual ute btw
  11. yewwwww loving the new power. How is it bro?
  12. How was it guys??
  13. Yeah mate you should definitely be getting it checked. Will most likely be boost spiking with the larger dump fitted
  14. Let me know what he says mate. Be keen to hear
  15. I need some info on how to strengthen the rear end of my 2011 manual FG xr6t ute. I've already gone through 2 sets of rear axles as they have been bent both times and are extremely expensive to replace.. My question is what is the best setup to go that will minimise the risk in bending another rear axle or doing any further damage to my diff?? My ute is lowered with King Spring Superlow rear leafs and springs up front. Thought I would mention that it also gets a ton of axle tramp. My thought was to change all the bushes in the rear end to super pro including the leaf and diff bushes, and adding some bilstein shocks, possibly even a rear sway bar. Does this sound right and could someone point me in the right direction? Cheers, Tim
  16. Have to pull out of this weekends powerplay due to my rear axles being bent. Car won't be fixed in time so I don't want to risk doing any further damage. Spewin...
  17. It is an expensive setup going with the triple gauge pod on top of the icc. Mine ended up costing me like 1200 if you include the pod, the gauges I bought and getting them all connected.. Does look the goods when finished though
  18. So did it fit even though it was knocking on the rear muffler? And what did they charge you all up for both sway bars?
  19. Mine is bent and I have end float which is allowing my disk to have run out. (Basically my car is squeaking constantly when I drive)
  20. What was the damage$ to get it repaired?
  21. Yeah I've had a lot of bad luck :( What should I be looking at to improve the bad tramp I'm getting which is putting a lot of strain on my rear axle. Shocks/bushes/sway bar?? Will any of these help?
  22. Yeah it's a manual.. I'm claiming it through insurance as it's an existing problem related to a small accident I had last year..
  23. Yeah mate lowered all round with king springs
  24. Jase I know Mal Wood does a kit for $899 but obviously very expensive just to eradicate the tramp.. I was thinking along the lines of adding a whiteline rear sway bar and new bilstein rear shocks. Would this help?? Anyone??
  25. Just found out I have bent axles in the rear of my ute.. The noises got worse the other night after I took it to the drags.. It does axle tramp a lot when I launch it hard of the line. Any ideas on what I could add next time to stop it from tramping as much and hence bending axles? Don't really wanna fork out the money for a tramp rod kit. Would new shocks and bushes in the rear be of benefit to strengthen it all up? Any help would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...