-
Posts
327 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
FG F6 Manual - Driveline shunt at low speed
Jake F6 replied to Jake F6's topic in Driveline Workshop
Thanks guys. OK - I will take it to a driveline place, and see if they can diagnose where the slack is coming from. Any recommendations in Melbourne South-East ? Cheers, Jake. -
Hi guys. I have been living with low speed (I.e. driving slowly in a car park) driveline shunt, but I want to try sort it out if at all possible. Reading on the forums it seems that Ford claims this to be normal etc. however, I would like a way to eradicate as much of the low speed shunt as possible. I had a new Eaton TruTrac diff put in at G&J Diffs Dandenong hoping this would fix the issue, at the same time the guys also checked the diff bushes - all was apparently OK with the bushes. Whilst the car was on the hoist the guy was moving one of the rear wheels backward/forwards, and it moved quite a bit so there is some slack somewhere. Any thoughts? Suggestions of where I could take it in South East Melbourne to get sorted? Cheers, Jake.
-
I will probably look to update my car soon too (I have a 2008 FG F6) - it is also the longest I have had any car! For me it's tough, as I want a manual transmission, and that is getting harder to find these days... A reasonable option would seem to be the AUDI S3 Sedan: https://www.caradvice.com.au/549052/2017-audi-s3-sedan-review/photos/ Jake.
-
Digging up an old thread - The "latest" V19 for FG is being sold for $200 here: https://ford.navshop.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=25 Seems like a massive rip-off seeing as V19 came out in 2013, and they are now up to V21... https://www.navshop.com.au/cars/toyota/prado.2009.html I wonder if there is a way of getting hold of V21 from somewhere any copying certain files across to the SD card to manually achieve the update....?
-
-
A mate of mine had this done on a BA MkII XR6T manual, they had to change an oil pressure unit or somthing - car went well, with everything else kept stock.
-
Hi gemms61, - If I remember you can identify the + and - wires, as the factory speakers have these markings on them. - It would be a shame to lose your existing tweeters (assuming you have premium audio). If you don't have premium audio, then quality 2 way fronts will still be a big improvement over stock. Cheers, Jake.
-
I'll be in old_mate.
-
Fg F6 - Rear End Creaks And Noises - Help Please
Jake F6 replied to Jake F6's topic in Driveline Workshop
Update - This turned out to be the exhaust knocking when taking off. -
Bump - what's the best way someone can share this update?
-
Awesome machines!
-
Fpv F6 310 Now With 327Rwkw - Thanks To Pitlane
Jake F6 replied to Jake F6's topic in High Power Builds (300+ Club)
The knocking sound turns out not to be the exhaust, still trying to work out where it's coming from. -
It was around $500 in total for all the parts, I installed it all myself. Jake.
-
Who's Owned A Bmw? Or Can Comment On Them?
Jake F6 replied to NVT's topic in General Automotive Talk
What's the 335i coupe like? They look great. -
How do you get the rev limmiter to beep?
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.
