Jump to content

Impellor

Member
  • Posts

    835
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Impellor

  1. Monza cooler is better than F6. Has approximately twice the surface area, and 25- 30% greater efficiency Cheers
  2. I read on a Expensive Daewoo forum a little while ago, a post by a car tester, and he rated the FG XR6T a better car than the VE 6.2 L GTS. He copped a bit of flack over it. All they could say was that the turbo's wear out after 100,000k's. Cheers
  3. Nice job. Built Ford tough, nearly (TH400). Im assuming that the dyno run was done it 3rd gear. If so what sort of top speed are you able to obtain. Cheers
  4. Hi Gents, just a quick question on whether a leaking inlet manifold will throw a fault code. Cheers
  5. You wish. Oh yeah, knowledge is power also. Cheers
  6. For those interested the algorithm to calculate power on a dyno, is based on the speed that the torque is produced. To clarify this a little further, power is based on how fast the work (torque) is done, and torque is based on how much work can be done. An example of this is the steam engine. It is capable of pulling massive weight, due to having much torque. But it doesn't produce much power, therefore it takes time to get it up to speed. So a car that is running a 1/4 mile is required to produce both torque and power, to obtain a fast time. It is torque that is required to get you off the line, but power to get you over it. Hopefully that makes some sense. Cheers
  7. No, but just make sure that you stop any debris falling in. Cheers
  8. Check this out. If you click on the top photo it will run through a whole heap of Vids, including the ring lap. 172 mph down the the straight. Considering the Camaro is built on the VE platform I think that it would be safe to say this is what will power the next generation HSV. Game on. http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrolet/2012-2013-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-ar104765.html Cheers
  9. Might want to look a little closer. The V6 makes 323hp and the 6.2 V8 makes 426hp. Cheers
  10. I would suggest that the Process West is bigger than you think when compared to PWR, as the PWR is tube and fin construction (this will reduce internal capacity). That said it be interesting to compare results, as tube and fin is considered better for cooling, but the increased capacity of the Process West cooler may well offset that. Personally I would choose a bar and plate cooler over a tube and fin design for a road car. Especially if you are in stop start traffic regularly. Track car different story. Cheers
  11. Even with standard boost there is some boost leak. that's what I found anyway. Coke bottle tops fit over the outlets on the crossover. Although the ridges need to be removed. Then place clamps over the bottle tops. Easier enough to block / unblock . Cheers
  12. I also was told to go a metal pump Gerni. Great machine 1850psi. But realistically, pressure is varied simply by how far you hold it from the car. Paid $280 at Supercheap Cheer
  13. Thanks mate !!!
  14. Anyone know the inlet manifold torque settings. Cheers
  15. Ok Jet, let me ask you this question. If you asked Bruce for a generic tune would you have faith in what he gave you? Cheers
  16. Is that right? He was happy for me to put it in my signature as well. I guess your not privy to everything hey. Cheers
  17. No one said its 100%. But Ratter, you must admit for the total cost of $390 Ive done well (Flasher and tune). Also its a 280rwkw tune. Still don't know if I'll load. But it can be done on a budget. I'm tempted because I might be that lucky individual that the tune suits my car. But look the reality is if I'd known all the bullsh*t I have had to go through, I would have just bought a new X3 in all honesty. From the purist perspective a generic tune is not the way to go, butfor the average Joe a noticable power increase equals a happy customer. If people want a generic tune tell them were to go. Look at some stage I'll be on a dyno when I load the tune. When this happens I will report back my findings. But if they are good everyone will then say its bullsh*t. Cheers.
  18. Yeah I must agree, theres a lot more generic tunes out there than custom tunes. I have done a heap of ringing around. Many sell CAPA tunes. In the end I bought a tune off Bruce Hienrich Performance Tuning after many conversations as they are his own tunes that he has spend a lot of time getting right. He stands behind his tunes, and doesn't send you a disclaimer as well . Cheers
  19. Its 125 ron or there abouts. See in the old days it wasn't used because of it affecting the rubber in the carby. No different to E95 in the early days. Doesn't incur fuel tax or alcohol tax that's why its cheap. One litre to a tank is the go. Best one to get is diggers from Bunnings as it is only .3% water. Also good for removing any moisture residue in your fuel tank. I'm waiting for someone to do a Metho tune. Cheers
  20. I want to know why no-ones got on to a methanol/ethanol mix. Its called methylated spirits.I mean folks this stuff is 97% ethanol. Give it a try you will be surprised in a good way. Cheers
  21. What advantage does the X3 have over the X2 for datalogging BF. Cheers
  22. What power Henz? Cheers
  23. In a nutshell, Yes. The T56 is good for around 400 rwkw and Fg TR6060 is good for 480rwkw's. However, many have made more power without problems. These are figures quoted by Mal Wood Auto. Cheers
  24. Personally I go with the KPM. As it will perform as good, if not better than the PW and looks factory (and has FPV insignia). Cheers
  25. Clean surface with Petrol if you don't have anything else, and make sure you get the 3M Carbon Fibre Vinyl, and you can also use a bank card to push out bubbles. Cheers
×
×
  • Create New...