Jump to content

Goliath

Member
  • Posts

    383
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Goliath

  1. Yeah the eBay link seems to have been appended "- SCREW TYPE HOSE ENDS, GENUINE EARLS ENDS, THEY ARE NOT CRIMPED!!!!!" Are these fairly straigh forward to install?
  2. Are you referring to the interior + number plate lights or the headlights? My interior, number plate and parkers are all T10 9SMD White LED's, which enhance the look a great deal. As for the HID's got them from the same place as the other guys here. Heaps easy to deal with and ship's pretty quick (think I had mine in 2-3 days). I'll PM you his details. My high beams (H7's) are Phillips Diamond Vision 5000K which I got from eBay for $32 delivered btw when you contact Alex for the HID's ask if he can do the same prices he does for pickup. I got those prices plus $14 I think for express postage with H4's and H11's
  3. Another update on the car. Rear rotors and pads have been installed along with painting the rear callipers. My Carbon Fibre wrap came in yesterday, so started attacking the door and console trims. Was surprisingly easy to do, excluding a couple of corners haha. Just used mum's hair dryer to help mould the wrap. The hardest one for me to wrap was the trim piece around the steering wheel. The passenger side trim was fun to get off, as I had to figure out how to remove the glove compartment then get to the two nuts holding the trim piece in.
  4. Yeah would be nice to have one a little higher. My mate has an SV6 Late model camira and changed the wing to the SS-V one, massive improvement in looks.
  5. Hey guys, Just curious and was just wondering what were the differences between the 2? As far as I can tell it's just the support slat in the middle? Is there any difference in height or angle? Obviously the GT wing is quite a bit bigger. Gaz
  6. IMO the 4000 T3's should be fine for that, unless you wanted to get a spare set for track?
  7. Mine only turns on after spirited driving. Generally only on for about 30seconds.
  8. Yeah Dillz, get those pics up stat!
  9. I've heard not to go near them. At least not for performance. Apparently they warp a lot easier and wear quicker.
  10. Would probably be around the 300 mark, but the cooler and intake would be holding you back.
  11. Can you get some close ups of the film?
  12. Haven't used them, but from what I've heard, they are quite dusty and can chew the rotors. I went with the QFM HPX pads for mine ($79 a set, front or rear for the FG XR6T). Definitely an improvement, haven't done any hard driving on them yet.
  13. In the FG's you just twist them and they pop out, should be similar on the BA/BF's IMO edit: my bad, read it as parkers, not indicators.
  14. Forgot to upload the pic mate.
  15. Standard callipers will be fine pending you get the right size/type of rotor for your car.
  16. If, you're referring to me, they aren't that blue, just came up more so on the camera with the lighting. H4's and H11's are 5000k
  17. Should be able to hit 11's with that power I believe.
  18. Seen this on epping rd a fair bit in the mornings going to work.
  19. Don't worry about that, that will come in time I have a service coming up, so I'll have to save up a little more cash. Plan to buy all the stuff in bulk (IC, intake, inj, cat and xcal3) and hopefully get myself a good deal. Will attempt the IC and intake install myself with the help of some car savvy mates. Yeah, he seemed like a good enough guy, not someone to go hooning which definitely helped me decide. As well as when I got the car checked out, there was nothing really to fault besides a couple scratches I already knew about and balding front tyres. I take it you work at Ford? Got to see some nice Audi's at his new work when I picked the car up.
  20. Painted front callipers and installed the new front rotors/pads. Will be painting the rear callipers and installing the rear rotors/pads next weekend
  21. Btw the $1400 is with the standard excess bumped up to $800.
  22. Though I might add in to this. 09 FG XR6T, 23 (soon to be 24) $1400 Full comp + 1 windscreen/year with AAMI in my name. No accident or claim history. Car has a few factory extras, custom audio and also 20" after market rims. Agreed value was $29300 which was more than I paid. Will be doing the smart drivers course for the 10% discount of the premium. Was with shannons with my previous car, wanted $1900~ Thought $1400 was a fair price in my name.
  23. So these Earl kits work for the FG as well? I've seen them on eBay for $150~
  24. I checked the interior leds on the way to work this morning and they are all 9 SMD's as well, light bluish colour. I'd take some pics, but hard to see what they actually look like with the camera on the phone.
  25. Found the link, bloody mobile ebay haha. Went for a couple of 9 SMD T10's I'll let you guys know how they look when they come in!
×
×
  • Create New...