-
Posts
2,332 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by F6 RAPID
-
I took one this morning that Telstra would have been proud of............. Ooops, wrong dump!
-
I was going to go a C63 but more and more I am leaning towards a GTR....... in red.....mmmm Just a bit worried about using it as a daily driver. I reckon it would sh*t me after a while.
-
I pay over $2000 a week in tax........ does that count? PAYG too.
-
Most Memorable Drive Of Your Life?
F6 RAPID replied to Broaders77's topic in General Automotive Talk
Two for me; First is my F6 I sold. If you ever get to experience what over 500rwkw's feels like in a taxi, then you will know what I am talking about. Damn thing made me laugh like nothing else. Crazy - seeing the whites of the Yamaha R1 rider's eyes as the yellow sled pulled away from him at full tilt from a roll-on at about 140......... disbelief as he watched a yellow Ford disappear as he was crouched behind his screen giving that bike all it had to no avail. And the few hours I spent with an Audi R8........ the sound, the car. Damn. Now I need to convince them I should have a V10 version for a few hours.......... very memorable. -
Yeh, but for what reason? If the oil feed is cleaned every say 50k, I would say you would really have bugger all that go. Dirty airfilters (FOD - foreign object debris) aside, there is SFA that goes wrong - hence my post.
-
Seriously, how many turbo's have actually "failed" as per the thread title?? Bugger all. This topic was done to death in the early days - have a search. Very simple actually, drive sedately for the last couple of minutes before your destination, let it idle while getting ready to get out of the car and turn it off. If you are at a race track, let the thing cool down by idling with the bonnet open. The fact is they are water and oil cooled and run nothing like the turbo's of by-gone years.
-
I don't know how much it would be worth to blow your Boss........... Couldn't help it, sorry.
-
I cannot believe someone would actually pay C63 AMG or BMW M3 money (more actually!) for one myself. As a car, give me either of the Germans anyday of the week and that is not from a one-eyed Ford perspective, that is from a drivers and car lovers perspective. I think you really need to be a die hard Expensive Daewoo man to buy one.......... Tune only into a C63 is seeing around the 500Hp (380kw) mark - basically the same as the other 63 engined AMG's, in a little C class. I follow the forums in the US about their mods and stuff, most are doing mid 11's, remember, tune only! Why would you buy a Expensive Daewoo instead is beyond me. My next car is going to be a C63 for sure! And the sound...............
-
I shouldn't laugh at this should I............. Farkin Rudds handouts......
-
I personally think the lump sum is a bad idea - increasing the low tax threshold would be a better way to go. Why? Because I am goddamn sick of funding this crap and not being eligible for any of these hand-outs! End of that rant. Funny story though - in the Courier Mail today (Qld), they asked 5 people whether they would be spending their lump sum or saving it. 1 said he would be spending it; 3 said saving it; get this; 1 said he was going on an overseas holiday later in the year and would spend it there! Hilarious.........sort of.
-
ha ha ha ha It's Thomas the Tank Engine these days with the little fella in the back..... I am looking forward to the new Q7 with the 6litre V12......mmmmm. If I get the same colours, do you reckon the wife would even notice?
-
I still lurk around mate. Too busy trying to deal with a sharemarket mess and a little economic slowdown........... farkin Americans! Back riding motocross again too. Nice car mate. You had better take me for a spin so I can see what all the fuss is about with these new FG's! I miss my F6. I think old mate that bought it has already killed it.
-
Nice to see a new ride mate. When can I hitch a lift home again..................
-
X-cal 1 To Become Useless?
F6 RAPID replied to straughsberry's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
The new Distributor seems unable to make a G6E turbo much quicker than standard (if at all) if that Motor magazine was anything to go by............. -
Oh you have to be quick!! Actually, wait, I still have one also!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
X-cal 1 To Become Useless?
F6 RAPID replied to straughsberry's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Unbelievable ! Unfortunately, SCT is not an Aussie company so I am sure the threat of legal action is water off a ducks back. Also, is there really much in the way of other options out there? What a spot. -
I had Toyo Proxes T1-R's (275/35-20's) on the back of my F6 and they were very impressive given the job they had of trying to hold over 500rwkw's towards the end of their life........... very predictable tyres, loved them.
-
Lets start a panic by 'Guaranteeing' only certain deposits (when there was NO NEED!) without thinking of the fallout through other investments even ADF's in general. Absolute farkin amateur - Wayne Swan is even worse. The guy couldn't be treasurer for the local P&C let alone the nation. The sooner these one-termers hit the road for Turnball, the better this Country will be.
-
I work in Funds Management. Have a guess what has happened to our company profit in line with tumbling share prices............ We have already had redundancies with more to come as we are directly linked with sharemarkets - as you would expect. Great time to buy though!
-
Nah, no NOS David, I can even vouch for that. Well done mate, stellar effort that! Next time you are heading out, give me a yell. I would love to come and watch!
-
I wouldn't let Redcliffe dyno tune my mower and they just proved it by spruiking that BS. Do you feel safe now??
-
The punishment should fit the crime I say. Burn their fcking nuts off!
-
Considering prices are at their lowest in nearly 4 years, I would have to say this recommendation is completely inaccurate - in my opinion. Funny how no-one was complaining after 4 years of 20%+ returns.............. and yet now.... I work in the industry (Financial Services) for one of the biggest Fund Managers in Australia and let me tell you, our Portfolio Managers have a smile on their face for the first time in a long time because through all the crap, good companies are still GOOD companies. It's just now, you are buying them at a huge discount to even 1 year ago. Simple question, when is the best time to buy something? You may want to consider getting some good, quality financial advice. I love it at times like this when the media just beats stuff up - bad news sells I suppose and all the 'experts' start telling you what you should be doing. Here's another stat for the property one-eyers - over the long term, Australian Shares has actually been the best performing Asset class. However, you should have a suitably diversified portfolio at all times - you know what happens when all your eggs are in one basket?
-
Boring as batsh!t. The presenters are pretty ordinary IMHO and they will make or break a show. They really should have given me a gig - at least I would have been funny!!
-
Of course they would have................... what a shock. See what Tab said.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.