-
Posts
2,332 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by F6 RAPID
-
Check the voltage at the pump with a multimeter. My pumps were running only just on 11 volts each which didn't seem right to me. I changed my earth and ran the relay direct to the battery, checked it again and now they are running at 13 volts.......... I use a relay with power and earth coming direct from the battery - no loss there! The noise from the pumps is now very consistent - until they heat up a lot and it is only then they whine a little.
-
I have a slightly modified yellow one you can purchase.................
-
I will come down to say hello but not cruise............... I won't be in a Ford.
-
Well, it does have a tv.....................
-
I don't have an unblemished licence..................... Fark that, no self respecting rev-head could possibly have an unblemished licence - I have one and that's enough.
-
ha ha. True story but. No, I am not going to touch this. Although, Audi have confirmed that they will be releasing another engine variant to the Q7 next year - their new twin turbo diesel 5litre (maybe 6, I can't recall) V12................ 350kw's and 1000Nm of torque at 1600rpm........... by crikey!
-
Hey Trent, you busy now? Lets go right now if you aren't.
-
Sorry boys....... I hate this time of year. Well, I was so impressed I did buy one. I will try and even get some pics of it soon. I got it a couple of weeks ago with 25 kms on it and now it has nearly 2000. Awesome car, I love the thing. Nice and quiet and smooth, plenty of grunt - goes like something that size (and a diesel!!) has no right to. It is a pretty tough looking car especially from the front and to be honest, gets way more looks (maybe it is just the comically tall idiot inside) then my F6 ever did. The 0-100 time of 6.4s I actually think may be a little conservative - the torque is unreal. I will take Trent for a ride and he can report back..............
-
Yep, I am going to give it a go. My 10 minutes I have on Video is going to be used to do a preso on my F6 which should include some enthusiastic driving!!!!!
-
Elite Auto Dyno Day December 1st
F6 RAPID replied to Paul@eliteauto's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
Ummmm, sorry Paul but it looks as though someone else may have to step up to the plate this Saturday - I will actually be in New Zealand. I did not realise it was this friggin Saturday! I am heading to Queenstown for a wedding on Wednesday morning and do not get back in Oz until Saturday night.................... The most powerful and overall may not be coming from Qld this time round!!! -
My sincerest apologies guys (sorry TrentO) for not making it. I was actually laid up in bed for the majority of the weekend (still am!) with another dose of Glandular fever. Man, I feel like crap. I hope everyone had a ball.
-
I will never say never about a future purchase................... Honestly, I think I would now buy a cheap T ute and just build it up. Cheap and ridiculous power without a worry of snapping a cv and keep the build costs down. But, a twin turbo Orion F6 would be very impressive. I could always go to an Audi R8 I suppose.................nah Audi are putting in a new twin turbo V12 Diesel into their Q7 next year - 350kw and 1000Nm or torque - all at 1700rpm............ Try and smoke that at a set of lights to the speed limit!! This is a sad time. It will be worse when 'ol yella idles off into the distance - but yes Brian, I will certainly point them here.
-
Thank you. My concern is selling it to someone who just will have no idea of the power, what it is actually capable of and then wrapping themselves around a pole. I just hope no-one gets hurt.................. I wonder if I could be considered in some way responsible if that actually happened?
-
Thanks mate......... I think............ Member number 406! Man, I have been here for a while!
-
The Ad hasn't been approved yet................... I have a couple of guys interested though.
-
I knew this was going to happen one day......... this is not the For Sale thread - that one already exists. This is rather to express my sadness in losing my project soon. I have to make way for something a little more comfortable, more family friendly and probably a little cheaper to actually run and maintain so I have actually purchased (still awaiting delivery - about 10 days away) a new Audi Q7 - the top spec 4.2 litre, twin turbo diesel. Given what I do and how much time I spend in my car, I really think this is a great choice. I was so impressed when I drove it (in all respects!) that I had to consider if I could live with it for many years and decided I definitely could. It is simply superb inside with everything I could need/want. It absolutely hauls for a big thing (I will never get burned up to probably 80km/hr by anything - maybe a modded turbo terri) and it will use far less fuel (diesel) than my car at present. Even the Insurance is $500 a year cheaper and has a lesser excess!! You never know what the future may hold but for now, this is what I am doing. This current stint stretches back to my T ute in 2002 and my member number is 489 (I think) so it shows that I have been around here for some time. I will continue to linger, don't worry as I have made some good mates while here. I may even put a fordxr6turbo sticker on the back window of the Audi....................... My car is for sale and advertised on Carsales so if anyone is looking for a heavily modified car and doesn't want to do the work (or spend the amount of cash I have!!) themselves, I think this is a sensational buy.
-
See you guys at Ashgrove. This will be the last cruise for 'ol yella. It has to go to make room for the new family wagon that will be a little nicer for me to be in on a daily basis.
-
Holy crap! Look whos here!! Good to hear from you big fella.
-
Queen St.
-
I know how you feel mate................ about to go through a similar thing and not bt choice.
-
I drove to work, pulled up in front of Daycare (Spring Hill) to drop my son off, realised I had left his bag at home so turned around and back out to Bridgeman Downs I went. Not happy Jan! Nice to be seen though!
-
I let one of my mates have a drive when mine only had 400 odd rwkw's - not the power it has now, he drove down the road, gave it a bootful in 2nd, promptly pulled over to the side of the road and gave the keys back to me and said "fark that!"
-
Well, it is for sale right now - $50k as is with all the gear, complete now with Process West surge tank and fully adjustable Xcal2 with tunes all set.
-
No, it really wasn't a fair fight when 'ol yella was concerned, but it was just fun. The guy in the Evo was having a great time too or so it seemed. I would love to have heard his commentary to his son when we blew by him at a massive rate of knots though. I told him it was stock....................
-
God no............
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.