Jump to content

F6 RAPID

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    2,332
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by F6 RAPID

  1. I hope all had a bit of fun. I know I did. Can't help law abiding citizens however.................... you pack of irresponsible lunatics.
  2. Woodridge! Me no think so Tim........... Anyhoo, it seems to be a popular meeting place for Cruises as you do get big groups of cars there from time to time. As long as no-one else is planning a cruise, we should be sweet!
  3. Edit is a far superior thing isn't it Chris..........
  4. No mate, should be no problem for parking. The carpark (in the hyperhole) right at the corner of Albany Creek Road and Maundrell Tce is the go.
  5. I have 20 x 9.5" on the back mate with 275's. I had to roll the guards. 285's may fit but if they do, it will be bloody tight!!!!!
  6. Bring a picnic Al - there is bugger all where we are heading! This "cruise" is all about the driving!!!!!!!!
  7. Thanks mate!
  8. Righteo everyone, please check your attendance below.......... 28th July 2007 Phantomchic (driving herself around the bend with both feet this time) F6Rapid dalts Tab (the REAL cruise leader.............) Goldie Felix Laner PDIDDY Sutty FPV Tranny rapidchris EZ2CME JohnnyG wados truongski (pencilled) 81CJH obsession cooltint jeromie0 CN RED Meeting Place - Aspley Hypermarket Time - 11.30am (you will be back in plenty of time Al and Phil) Route - long and windy............ Fuel - make sure you have a full tank UHF - preferable for the joke telling although will be better used for road conditions This is going to be a reasonable drive people. We will not be stopping until the rest area at Somerset Dam which should only take probably an hour and a bit depending on how the road conditions are. Bring your laughing boots and a belly full of optimism. Should be good fun.
  9. You won't cool the charge air with larger coolant holes - no way in gods green earth. The air flow is way too quick through the turbo and trust me, the coolant already flows through the turbo bloody fast! I learnt that the hard way when doing my turbo swap............... Not shooting you down at all but I would really focus your attentions elsewhere way before this mod for much better tangible results. Just trying to help!
  10. Al, if I tell you 11am, you won't get there until 12pm anyway...................
  11. 95% of the people on this site have either modified their cars or are planning to so taking any notice of these performance "tests" are an absolute waste of time and a pointless exercise in a judgement call. If you are looking for bang for your buck, being one eyed or not, no-one will deny that the T or F6 or Force 6 (whichever floats your boat) is the car to buy for performance mods and will respond the best with absolute minor $$$ in comparison to a naturally aspirated motor. Take it with a grain of salt. Just my 2cents also, the Expensive Daewoo cars are definitely "happy" motors. Not one dyno report on LS1.com mentions stock power figures anywhere near what that story claimed (the HSV's are accurate though). Read into that what you will.................
  12. There are 2 cars I know of running 500rwkws+ mine is 1 (1 isn't anymore.......) and they/I are/am using the stocko coolant holes - albeit different turbos but still using the same banjo bolts that came out of the OEM turbos. My car runs as cool as on the road. But then again, it is hard to load it up when you cannot get traction.
  13. Geez Scotty, I even did this with you in mind............. That's 2 strikes!
  14. Mate, don't waste your time and effort. There is nothing to be gained by doing this. There is an oil restrictor in the oil supply for a reason - the bearings do not require what the oil pump can supply and I am sure Garrett know what size the coolant holes should be. It is the air charge I would be focussing on, not the piddly little amount of coolant.
  15. Isn't Marrickville in Sydney?? But, good on you if you are going to be up here! As for the faces to names, I wouldn't be looking forward to that too much. It can be somewhat frightening............
  16. and I have some new material.............
  17. I was thinking a 12.00pm meet at Aspley Hypermarket and leave there at 12.30pm SHARP! We have a bit of driving to do so make sure those tanks are full. We should be back to Brisbane by 4.30 - 5.00pm. I am not going to pre-run the route as it is too bloody long! It is from my old bike riding days so it is a good one. Bring your UHF's for communicating road conditions...................
  18. There are some twisties alright. Your front wheels will be black from brake dust at the end.
  19. Have fun boys. I actually would have come only I am leaving in an hour for Sydney - work beckons.
  20. A bit exxy for my liking. I can buy a brand new TT Ghia on the road for just under $55k. Essentially the same engine and running gear - brakes may differ. You can do a bit of customising for $20+ grand........ I am sure my 20's will fit on with all my extractors, turbo, external wastegate, fuel supply......................
  21. Get your coils tested. Three of mine were stuffed at 17,000kms. It will display those symptoms - especially under load.
  22. I was thinking about 11.30am meet for a 12.00pm start - even 11.00am for an 11.30am start. Meet at the Aspley Hypermarket methinks. There is a bit of driving involved and I would like to finish in the light.
  23. Nice work! I wish I could have made it. I was still contemplating coming out at 7.45pm when I got home................. let us all know when you go out again. I was (maybe still secretly am...) thinking of buying a TT Ghia and transplanting all my engine/turbo/fuel system/tuning into it but was worried about the ZF ability to hold all the power and weight. Still may do it yet one day. Just waiting to see if a new shape is on the horizon.
  24. So these were all Terri's ?? Good stuff!!
×
×
  • Create New...