Jump to content

Wingnut

Member
  • Posts

    573
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Wingnut

  1. I just cant get used to the look of the FG. The F6 and T are ok I guess but the the huge bonnet bulgy thing the 8's have got going ok just look wrong. Im sure its an awesome car, but not my cup of tea. In the end it was the look alone that led me back to Holden. The VE even 2 years on still looks sharp and fresh mayb in a couple of years ill see the FG the same way. So any mods planned? Weather it be Expensive Daewoo or Ford the 8's are quite tame compared to a modded turbo 6 until you start throwing a big cam or some boost... I know what I have planned
  2. I hate the idea of being able to tinker with a cars tune. Why would you have flashed it to the 6psi tune anyway? When I had mine done through Nizpro I never even plugged the box in, they left it on the optimal tune and that's what I was happy with. Anyway, that's not the issue, now you need a new bottom end. Talk to a few members do a few seasrches its all been covered so all you need to do is ask the right people. Some will say build it to last some will say patch it up, I say get and F6 bottom end and patch it up. A built engine will last you through a mountain of punishment, but most of your other parts won't. Its kind of all or nothing with these cars which isnt really a bad thing just expensive. Good luck.
  3. Just trying to get some good pics mate. She just ticked over 700kms so it still looks perfect and the color being "Atomic" really pops in the sun and suits the utes nicely. Was going to wait for the hard top and wheels before announcing I had gone to the dark side but ill see what I can do.
  4. What happened to the rear centre cap? noooooooooooooo my poor old car haha. 400 ey? Dont bloody kill yourself mate! But good luck ill need to up my plans if I intend on keeping up lol
  5. Not another one of these threads.... About the 10th in the last 12 months... I use what ever is closests tbh now that shell 100 is gone they are all the same. But yes you should only use premium, it is worth the extra few $$ per tank.
  6. Ahhh kk well he knows the car well enough now to give you the best advice. Ye its great, I am really loving it. MUCH less powerful than the Ford and it feels it, but not as slow as I thought. But the Harrop should fix that once its all tuned up. For $36k brand new I dont know I could have gotten a better deal or a new XR6T so ye im pretty happy. Looks the duck nuts too.
  7. I know a lot wealthier people that do far less and dont have a chance to die everytime they try and earn a buck.
  8. Good on him.... But I just dont get it.
  9. I would get the bottom end done first mate!! Then see how far the current system will let you go. Seems t be doing the job to this point
  10. Suprisingly theres isnt any where near as much Ford bashing on the LS1 forums as I thought there were. Its mostly just young blokes in vx/vy ss' that think their cars are rockets. Most of the guys running blown or big hp na cars love the value for money in these Fords, they just dont like the brand haha. 12.6 is awesome time though. I didnt think the car had enough power to move that kind of weight down the 1/4 so quickly. Almost 1 sec faster than qouted with a slow 2.1 60 foot... I do hope it is legit will be a BIG feather in the F6's cap, which they need after the GT let the brand down so badly. Congrats to the pilot!!
  11. Ahhhh no... The VE actually looks good.
  12. Didnt think you could make the FG look any more ugly but there you have it.. Poor bastard.
  13. Wingnut

    Your First Car?

    1978 BMW 320 Loved it to death, dumped about 15k into it then wrote it off. Great car.
  14. Awesome stuff mate!! What kind of power is it running and how far can you go on that built engine? There a 10 in it?
  15. Maybe I dont drive hard enough but I cant ever remember hitting the limiter in my car.
  16. T5s can take power just not a great deal of it. Mine ran 300rwkw for a couple of years, but has since been replaced with a Mal Woods. Best money I have spent on the car in the 12 months I have had it and there has been a bit lol. Its a really nice strong box which gives me 100% confidence when going hard.
  17. Anyone go out to Knox tonight?? UNBELEIVABLE turn out.... Some of the toughest cars I have ever seen on the street and all supervised by the boys in blue. Saw a few T's there. FRY and his big boots, XRSCAR, some stock looking silver ute and BLKPHN which had a for sale sheet under the bonnet. Dont know why he is selling it seems like he just got it sorted. Anyway by far the best car/s being the 2 Fastback mustangs, the XC Landau and my employees EH. For a gold coin donation you wont get a better car show. Ill try post a few pics later.
  18. What I was going to say but better. You also see a lot of the top AUS drag cars switch to LHD to counter the cars natural tendancy to turn right.
  19. When you say "built engine" how far have you gone with the components that you have used? Just wanting to get anisea of what it takes mate. Tuff stuff
  20. Sent to me by the "leveled headed" Andrew in a PM...... "dude, your a f*cking looser, if you dont have anything good to say, just f*ck off and dont say anything. go back to buying holdens you stupid f*ck, no one wants you here as you can see from the other posts. Dick head!" Calm down son, you might hurt yourself LOL. Take it on the chin, you blew your car up being a dickhead doing illegal things and then made comments about it on an open forum... You still dont get it. By claiming to do 220km/h on an open forum you put the mods of this forum in a bad position. Its got nothing to do with the fact that you dont care about being caught by the cops. I called you on it as a few other people did. You take cant feedback maybe you should f*ckoff?
  21. You come on an open forum to big note yourself about blowing your car up doing 200km+ on a public road, and I am the uneducated one? f*ckin dreamer..... Its guys like you that make guys like me think twice about getting another hypo car becaue in the end its the DICKHEADS that will ruin it for us all. Have fun fixing your car mate.
  22. Im guessing this was on a track too mate???
  23. Who said I was talking about a BOSS engine?? TBH I find Expensive Daewoo LS2 far more attractive. Harrop 122 with I/C drive in drive out costs around 11k and should see you with 400rwkw. I have done a bit of research on this too lol. http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-08/11-03...Porsche-GT2.htm Short clip showing a pretty TUFF blown V8. oh and TUFGSR, how the f*ck do you disagree with what I said about the cost of each application and then agree with XRQTOR about the Bluepower kit? Was he right or was I? We were both saying practically the same thing. p.s I am still a FORD man at this point, was just explaining with my refference to the Expensive Daewoo V8 that Turbo charged inline 6 isnt the best thing on the market no matter how high or low your budget is.
  24. Good to see you blew your car up before you killed someone, hey champ.
  25. Do a little more research. Its not that expensive.
×
×
  • Create New...